Carbon intake.....

Would love to fit this intake but heard can create running problems. Any thoughts please....????

Last edited:
Yep...I have a brilliant auto electrician mate whos done many relocation of batteries so thats not a problem. Think they are about £500 which is a lot but its a plan. Another pic....

Last edited:
you can get away with a smaller battery, but you have got to relocate the expansion tank for the radiator.

AFAIK, Simoximino had this airbox, and he had some problems with the connection hose between the airbox and the TB. The hose is not rubber as it is on the Clio V6 Ph2 airbox, it's all carbon and it had a tendency to slip/detach from the TB.

I would get this airbox (if it wasn't so damn expensive, and if I knew that no water could get in to the engine because of so direct intake), remove the carbon pipe/hose and replace it with the rubber one like on the V6 airbox.

You need to reallocate the battery & the antifreeze tank, some new hoses,...for the R3 2009 airbox.

Last edited:
Looks like it uses a smaller throttle body though? Will it fit with the bulkhead when using an OEM TB?

i think its actually a bigger throtle than standard, wasnt kevos a cup racer cable throttle body and was something like 100mm rather than the standard 63mm.