carbon interior

as above really. spotted a few picks with 197/200s having carbon interior centre and strips ect.. but cant seem to find any where that sells them?

anyone know of anywhere?

thanks
steven

Mine has it but was an optional extra called 'carbon pack' I think. Think someone on here could do it for you, spray shack?

The optional "Carbon Pack" is just textured plastic. Spray Shack will spray paint your bits any colour you want and their work is top drawer.

We have been experimenting with carbon skinning which is what you would have seen on other cars.

At present no one makes real carbon dash strips. Items can be skinned which is layering real carbon over the OEM plastic part. Its quite a lengthy process though and has to be done right to look right. Its a service we will be offering very shortly.

is your carbon look or real? dont want any skins to put on top. would like real replacments

edit: thanks for the heads up. thought i might of been is as much luck lol

will be keeping a eye out

steven

When "Carbon Skinning" you prepare the OEM plastic part, layer real carbon fibre fabric over the top and lacquer it, sounds simple but its quite tricky. Once finished it looks like a real carbon fibre piece but not only retains the OEM fitment but also costs halve the price.

The dash strips could be moulded and made from carbon but it wouldn't be financially viable to replicate the OEM fixing lugs. Therefore the items would have to be bonded on which a lot of people don't like. For parts like this carbon skinning is ideal. Most people wouldn't know the difference.

Carbon skinning shouldn't be confused with carbon dipping or carbon look vinyl, both of which just look awful

Last edited:
yeah i used to do my own skinning for a small period of time when i had my rx7. but sold all parts i did as i knew i would not have the time to finish off everything i wanted. shame really but yeah, need alot of time.

thanks again
steven

A trader over on Cliosport did me the side bullets, I dropped on with the badges and dash strips as the cam up for sale second hand done by the same trader.

7ca4ba28a8793de1c8897314ad116a68.jpg
ec4fc59ea24e3f233758ec1f21927d98.jpg

i was digging out my carbon fiber stuff yesterdas as I came up with the idea of making moulds for the dash strips... sadly all my gelcoat was hardened out so I trashed the stuff... angel is right. oem fixings are tricky to replicate.

i could very well live with skinned strips and centre console finished to a quality as seen in above picture. go on, angel. make it happen :smile:

Skinning parts isn't as easy as it sounds. The carbon/epoxy resin is laid on top so the fit is never going to be OEM. I did my dash strips and it took me ages to get them looking right!