Center Box Replacement with straight pipe - Birmingham Area - **Vid!!!**

Took 30 minutes total for my section to be cut out, measured, new section made and clamped in. We were waiting in the waiting room for longer before the car got on the ramps and was completed.

If someone wants my section, and just arrange to pay for Fred to weld in my old box at BTM, you can have the section and clamps for free. Get Fred to cut out your box and fit my parts at the same time. Job done! :wink:

Will probably cost the £40 total, and we both benefit.

Last edited:
If someone wants my section, and just arrange to pay for Fred to weld in my old box at BTM, you can have the section and clamps for free. Get Fred to cut out your box and fit my parts at the same time. Job done! :wink:

Will probably cost the £40 total, and we both benefit.

Anyone? :headphone:

Guys I'm thinking of getting this mod on my clio gt 1.6
Its completely standard so will this still change the exhaust sound like the videos/clips in this thread?
The exhaust at the moment doesn't produce any sound or popping noise at all!

Any advice will be appreciated?

Guys I'm thinking of getting this mod on my clio gt 1.6
Its completely standard so will this still change the exhaust sound like the videos/clips in this thread?
The exhaust at the moment doesn't produce any sound or popping noise at all!

Any advice will be appreciated?

Should do, might not pop as much as the 200 exhaust but will be louder with the box removed :smile:

My friend had it done to his dynamique 1.6 s. (its a mk3 clio). Sounded very tiny, not as low a not as the 197's.
Definetely didnt pop like the 197!!

Mine sounds boring again now. Center silencer has been welded back in, in preparation for the cars sale.

Hey this is my first post on here got my clio about 3 weeks ago and ive just picked it up from longlife swansea having had the centre box removed and its wicked lol! Going to go for a nice spin through brecon now ! Ive read loads of people asking about exhaust tips so i asked them there to try out a couple of tips and it looks sexy with 2 3" outward rolled tips, they are £25 each and £45 labour but look really nice i'll put the pic up later on see what you think !

Just spoken to RS Fabrications in Banbury about getting mine done, need a bit more noise in my life!

They said £300!!!!! We came to the conclusion that they have misunderstood what I require so have sent them a picture of the exhaust and what I want replacing, just waiting on a price now.

If it comes back pretty steep still, anybody know of any decent exhaust places around the Banbury area?