Centre silencer

Hi guys I'm thinking of having the silencer took off in a couple of weeks on my 200. Will it make a droning noise inside the car? Or would that be if I de cated the car?

I've looked at a lot of videos. I just don't want to get it chopped out and then regret it because its got lot of droning noises.

Save and buy a system.

Personal as opinion is they sound rubbish with the silencer removed, tinny. I'm sure someone with it done will disagree with me though...

Hey, I've had my res-delete done for about a month now.
It crackles & pops nicely, but there is a pretty apparent acceleration hesitation (flat-spot)
between 2,500-3K. Im driving a 197, obviously known to have this flat spot. It's just more apparent with a Res-delete.

The sensor seal fix helped heaps with this & my overall idle.

It's a real cheap mod, so if you don't like it, its not like it broke the bank any way.

In my opinion it hasn't made the flat spot any worse. Sounds tinny and gives weak little pops changing from 1st to 2nd , sounds louder , but not droney. However I wouldn't like it much louder.

Hi.

I've removed the front resonator/silencer from my 200T Cup. Having the resonator removed really isn't that noticeable at idle nor does it create a drone inside the car. However, the crackles and pops the car now makes in all modes is music to the ears, IMO anyway.

No adverse effects to drivability either.

Best bang for buck mod I've made.

Cheers,

Mark.

what would it be like with a de cat would it give louder pops? or even bangs? my fez was crazy with the pops and bangs when I had it de cated.

what would it be like with a de cat would it give louder pops? or even bangs? my fez was crazy with the pops and bangs when I had it de cated.

Not sure to be honest, however, I would imagine it would considering the less restrictive nature of the de-cat.