Chassis Stiffening

Hi guys,

Am wondering is there any way to improve the non-cup chassis clio to achieve same or similar spec as the cup chassis?

as far as i know the "chassis" is the same - only difference is springs and dampers.

if you want to stiffen the chassis/bodyshell a roll cage is usually the way to go

A roll cage is good, but I participate in time attacks and would like to still be in the road legal class.

Do not think there is a cage that does not require stripping the back seats... :worried:

Apart from the sturt bars wonder is there any other alternative.

197/200 is very stiff as standard - just look at what happens when you jack them up the rear wheel lifts off the ground

there is also cross bracing on the front subframe on them and the front strut towers are alot closer to the scuttle panel/bulkhead where all the strength and stiffness is

If you want to stiffen the chassis, seem weld it, rear anti roll bar, thicker anti roll bars combine this with a set of coilovers, poly bushes on everything, adjustable top mounts and a proper geometry set up and your car will handle like a train.

I wouldnt bother with a roll cage unless it's a die hard track toy. Even in my track car I refused to put a cage in because it weighed too much!

Hmm... seem welding seems a bit too extreme. Wouldn't this require to complete strip the car?..

What anti roll bars which can be easily replaced on the 197?

Err... kwv3 on the way m8. :smile:

now interested in improving the chassis.

A-ha! Great news, keep us informed as to what you think of it 8)

Stiffer anti-roll bars and strut braces? Not sure you need either though t.b.h esp. with what ive read about the KW's.

I fitted stiffer anti-roll bars on my old Evo 6 and it totally messed it up, car just wanted to over steer everywhere :rolleyes:

Could you fit a CUP steering rack? Supposed to be better?