cheap starter DA kit

Any recomendations for the above? Need something to remove slight swirls on Albi blue. Prefer to get everything to complete in one bundle. Dont want to spend a fortune though.
cheers

Id consider a rotary for about £80 you could get everything you need to remove light swirls safely and quickly.

I have both a da and rotary and never use the da anymore

To keep it cheek id get a silverline machine £40 a6" backing plate for £13 a 3m finishing pad for £10 and some dodo lime prime for £13!

Or if you are feeling flush some swissvax cleaner fluid pro for £70

Thought you had to be very careful with a rotary or you can do a lot of damage to the paint work????????

Thought you had to be very careful with a rotary or you can do a lot of damage to the paint work????????

Depends on the pad and compound.

Not gonna do much damage with a finishing pad and lime prime.

You also have to ask yourself why one is safer than the other. Well one gets the job done the other doesn't

For a beginner, to get effective results via DA, I would recommend either Menzerna polishes (3.02, 203S and 106FA specifically - the names have changed on some websites though) or the NEW Megs polishes 105 and 205. I wouldn't recommend the older polishes such as the Sonus or Megs 83/80 as polishing technology has moved on significantly since they were released.

Pad wise, I'd avoid larger pads, which work best on a rotary. The 5.5" Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads are the best choice for a DA.

You're throwing yourself in at the deep end with that kit zippyy!

The pads are rock hard, like breeze blocks, coupled with a rotary, you will have a tough time if you have no experience.

If you want to go straight for a rotary, get yourself some nice 3M Waffle Pads (blue and yellow) and practice with those, as they make the rotary much easier to control. Very firm pads, like the Menzerna, make controlling the rotary a LOT more difficult.

Also, don't assume Renault paint is soft. Ultra Red and Ultra Blue for example can be medium-hard. Most I'd say are Medium hardness, certainly not soft next to Japanese paint.

Listen to Russ mate he knows his stuff I get alot of my stuff after his advise and it's bang on:thumbup1:

:poke:
You're throwing yourself in at the deep end with that kit zippyy!

The pads are rock hard, like breeze blocks, coupled with a rotary, you will have a tough time if you have no experience.

If you want to go straight for a rotary, get yourself some nice 3M Waffle Pads (blue and yellow) and practice with those, as they make the rotary much easier to control. Very firm pads, like the Menzerna, make controlling the rotary a LOT more difficult.

Also, don't assume Renault paint is soft. Ultra Red and Ultra Blue for example can be medium-hard. Most I'd say are Medium hardness, certainly not soft next to Japanese paint.
Cheers Russ. Will have another look at stuff

The more I look the more confused I get. Can someone kindly put me a complete list up for what I need to get started please
thanks

Are you on Facebook? Add me on there if you like and I'll talk you through it?

Are you set on getting a rotary?