clear indicator bulbs!

This must have been asked before but does anyone know which indicator bulbs to buy to give that clear or silver look? The orange bulbs look really naff I think! I have seen some Silvatec (?) ones on ebay but I am not sure what type to buy... Thanks for your help and advice!

I think you need the offset pin type but I'd double check before buying them, it's a 30 second job to check the front bulbs.

The ones in the link are the ones that I bought, and fitted fine.

Front indicators are actually very easy, bulb holder is at the top and just unscrews.

Just ordered 2 pairs of the above link too, be meaning to get round to it for a while.

Anyone reccomend any LEDs to replace the rear number plate bulbs with?

you can get any silertec indicators bulbs from your local halfords, im pretty sure the fronts maybe different to the back as for pin offset ect

try the 5W 360 degree LED 501s at autobulbsdirect, all my bulbs from there have lasted a long time.

^ Yeah I know, I've ordered 4 from the above link but I also want to change the rear number plate light for an LED number. Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

You need to check what type of bulb you have for the numberplate, seems like some 197's have festoon bulbs and some have 501 bulbs

yeah want LED for my numberplate but im not going out in the rain to check which one i need so its going to have to wait for a dry day!

501 in mine. They were advertised as sidelight bulbs. They look great, apart from the left one shines too far to the left due to the holder having the wires fed from the right, and the led bulbs shine forward, as aposed to normal bulbs which shine all over the place! You can't turn it either. The right one shines in the right place though.

501 in mine. They were advertised as sidelight bulbs. They look great, apart from the left one shines too far to the left due to the holder having the wires fed from the right, and the led bulbs shine forward, as aposed to normal bulbs which shine all over the place! You can't turn it either. The right one shines in the right place though.

you can get the 5W 360 degree ones which shine all round and a tad brighter