Clio 1.4 S opportunity

Hi guys!

after being set on a twingo 133 for a long time,

my parents have offered me there old car to have at least for the next year!!

Its a Clio 2006 1.4 Dynamique S 100HP model,

I was just wondering if/ what i could get to make this a little bit special. Its the same shape as the 197 so i was hoping a few of the bits i could swap over (Interior)

As for the engine i doubt there is much in the way of options but if anyone knows of any little bits i could do to raise it past the 100 mark would be great!

anything else let me know :smile:

Ste

Personally I would use the Clio 1.4 as a nice way to save a bit of cash over the next year, to put towards a Twingo 133. I wouldn't go pouring ££ here and there into making it special as it all adds up really quickly! Boring I know, but that's what I'd do. I had to wait/save for 4 years to buy my 200 :blush:hmy:

Use it as a means to an end and aim to buy a 133 March next year?!

Thats what i was thinking, i just thought there may have been a few bits i could find from the 197 that i could buy and use over the next year and then remove and use on the 133.

if there are is any!

Thats what i was thinking, i just thought there may have been a few bits i could find from the 197 that i could buy and use over the next year and then remove and use on the 133.

if there are is any!

If you're going to modify the clio, buy parts that are compatible with the other models such as a panel filter etc. Which I know for a fact are the same size across the clio range.

Any reason why you've chosen the 133 over the 197? If you find the 133 fast and fuel drinky enough then fair enough, but consider a 197 as they are masses of fun.

I waited from the age of 18 to 20 to buy a Clio 200 and it's the best decision I ever made! :tongueout:

Anyway, alloys would be a good bet, maybe 17's?

To 'free' up a few ponies:

Panel Filter;
De-restricting exhaust;
BHP Stickers +1 (Joking btw)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

If that were me, id not be looking at upgrades, as others have said, a means to an end, put it towards saving for the car you want, and what you want to mod.

Welcome to the forum Ste.

You're in a great position in that you've been offered a decent car by your parents (I'm assuming free?). I would also suggest keeping the mods to a minimum - not only will it help you save towards your Twingo, but a modded car can often be harder to sell on, once the time comes and it's hard to recoup the money that you've put into it.

The 1.4 Clio is a cracking car. Best thing you can do with it is wash it regularly and keep it clean - it'l be worth more when it's time to buy that 133. Concentrate on fixing any minor cosmetics that might need doing so that when you do come to sell it, it's a really tidy example.

Honestly, even the slightest modification will put off at least 50% of any prospective buyers. Exhaust, stickers, 197 interior will put off another 49% and really hammer the value.

I hired the exact same 1.4 Dynamique when it was new. I drove if for a week and was very sorry to give it back - cracking car.