Clio 197 Coilovers Whats Best to run

dgo130

Paid Member
Hi

I have upgraded from a Clio 172 to the 197 Cup.

I am now in the process of looking to source Coil overs as the car will mainly be used for Track Days, and the odd blast around the roads.

Has anyone got any recommendations, I have been looking at Bilsten or KW's is there much difference between the 2 apart from the price?

What do others run with for this sort of thing, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The budget I haven't really set one due to it being used for dual purpose, so really want a good all rounder, I had looked at AST, as that in what a family member runs on his car but his is just to drive to the track and then put back away.

Any help or advice would help.

I had spax and they handled well but blew up, I'm now on cup racer bilsteins and handle amazing but they aren't very compliant on the road. I've been in a couple of clios with bilstein b14s and they are very comfortable but they might be a bit soft if ou want to do a lot of track work.

if I was building again from scratch I would either give something like the ast a go as they were going to be my next option until I got offered the cup bilsteins, or I would go cup racer bilstein again, they are very stiff but nothing I can't put up with, front is fairly soft anyway, and you could always opt for a softer rear Spring.

Bilstein if you want adjustable ride height but dont want damper adjustment (vast improvement over standard for £700 - £800 approx). I would suggest adjustable top mounts from Simo (about £300 delivered)
KW V3 or AST 5100 if you want adjustability, again with adjustable top mounts

Chris_200cup has just fitted clubsports, replacing the Bilstein set up.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...ttack-2016-*car-issue-and-Oulton-Park*/page30

If you fancy Bilstein - Madeno racing do a few B14 re-valved variants with spring choice

yep I guess AST 5100s with adjustable top mounts will come in around £2k

If you can stretch the 5200's are 2 way adjustable and come with top mounts