Clio 197 Racing Red & Clio 200 Alien green

nice pics mate,

i see you have made good use of the disabled bays, lol

so what is the link with you and the Gusta bar, ? do you own it Raptor.

nice pics mate,

i see you have made good use of the disabled bays, lol

so what is the link with you and the Gusta bar, ? do you own it Raptor.

:lol:

I know, we always park there if we sit next to the window (there are plenty of disabled bays arround).

They are my sponsors for the season. Reneko is mine.

I've tested the 200 because a friend of mine wants it and asked me to test it.

Not impressed - really.

It had a cup chassis and to be honest - handling is the same as mine was when on stock shocks and Eibach Pro Kit but it is a bit more comfortable. Not impressed.

Those first three short gears - I don't feel it - maybe because my 197 is not stock anymore. Not impressed.

The dashboard - that yellow background WTF? Looking like a cheap Ferrari wannabe:

27062009489.gif

2008-Ferrari-430-Scuderia-Dashboard-1280x960.jpg

Recaro's - started to wear @ 27 000km, and they said they've put a new material - obviously not good enough and I don't know if it was changed before - it was/is a test car.

The rear diffuser has, IMO, lost it's aggressiveness - it is painted now and with those exhaust tips that are, IMO, awful!

27062009485.gif

And what's up whit those side mirrors? It feels like driving my old '87 Renault Trafic 2.1D?

Will not even waist the keyboard on the front and that bumper that looks like it's custom fitted - badly, and the NOxenons option.

Bottom line is - I would never give up my 197 for that 200 cup.

Last edited:
i take it your not that keen on the new 200 then mate. lol :001_rolleyes:

I have nothing against 200, but as a 197 owner I have no reason to switch.

Like Golf V vs Golf VI - they should be called Golf 5.1, and 197 Ph2 :-p

Raptor, i love your honesty about it all! Thanks for the truthful opinion :smile:

But dam... your a hard guy to please :lol:

I really liked the new alien green colour and nearly waited for the 200 but my un-sureness about the new front end made me decide to snap-up one of the last new 197's - maybe the new front end will grow on me but I still dont like it even after seeing it in the flesh. More than happy with my 197 for now - thanks for the pictures and review !