Clio 197 replacement XENON bulb

Hey guys,

asked Karl at SMC renault for a price for a replacement bulb.

£150 each bulb!!!! :blush:hmy::blush:hmy::blush:hmy::blush:hmy::blush:hmy:

My drivers side main beam bulb goes pink and after awhile. after alittle research apparently thats what they do when there goosed because there not getting up to the 6000k or what ever....

ANYWAY....

i just wanna check that my bulb size is a D2S

and if anyone else has replaced a xenon bulb on there 197/200?

did you replace as a pair or replace just the one?

i have found some cheaper bulbs on ebay and just want to check they would be ok.... there around £40 posted.

Cheers Guys!

i changed mine as i wanted a white/bluer look and brought a pair of 8000k D2S bulbs off ebay, cost me £20 for the pair. even thou there were chinese made ive had them in for two years and there still going. i would recommend changing both as the new one (if going for standard colour temp) may be slightly different colour to the old one. if your going for the whiter/bluer look i would go with 6000k as the 8000k ive got are bright at night.

i changed mine as i wanted a white/bluer look and brought a pair of 8000k D2S bulbs off ebay, cost me £20 for the pair. even thou there were chinese made ive had them in for two years and there still going. i would recommend changing both as the new one (if going for standard colour temp) may be slightly different colour to the old one. if your going for the whiter/bluer look i would go with 6000k as the 8000k ive got are bright at night.

cheers thats sound that.

i ordered some 6000k ones.

dreading getting my big hands in to do it lol

i brought a load of bulbs to change all the main beam, fogs, cornering ect. and wanted to debox the front grill so removed the front bumper and did them all at once while it was off.