Clio 200 - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphs look good mate. Seems to come on power pretty strong pretty instantly. Torque looks good too. I'd be well happy with that.

im very happy. Does pull very hard instantly. The torque is really noticeable and that's what I wanted most. It stays flattish along Rev range too. It'll Help drag the car out of corners loads better.

Think where car felt flat down straights will feel a lot different now.

12386718_1275264622499641_895612733_n.jpg

12366906_1274389512587152_312267274_n.jpg

Had Blueprint to try and design me something for next year , this what come back with.

which design do you guys think looks better? The side one won't take that much room up and smaller decals will go in different places (not where located now). Just main design trying too get.

Last edited:
haha you got to love a good rant:smile:

Talking RS tuning, they've been a few stock cars which produced around 200bhp mark (Smoggy Mark's was one of them iirc), also, Litchy's R27 produced 215 with Schricks before it was converted. But it seems that the majority of 197/200s are about 185-190bhp.

My car showed 202 bhp on Ktec rollers after being cammed (you can imagine how bad that was haha), then I went to RST because I wasn't happy with how the car drove (flat spots, temperamental idle and one time in the Alps it stalled)! First run 188bhp lol.

After Paul working him magic the dyno showed 200 and the car felt day and night different. What a win day that was..

Definite preference for the second option here mate. I'd go with grey paint splatters so they fall back a touch and give more focus to the logo.

Bigger graph was worth posting. Looks loads better in smoothness too.

Good on you for doing it right!

Talking RS tuning, they've been a few stock cars which produced around 200bhp mark (Smoggy Mark's was one of them iirc), also, Litchy's R27 produced 215 with Schricks before it was converted. But it seems that the majority of 197/200s are about 185-190bhp.

My car showed 202 bhp on Ktec rollers after being cammed (you can imagine how bad that was haha), then I went to RST because I wasn't happy with how the car drove (flat spots, temperamental idle and one time in the Alps it stalled)! First run 188bhp lol.

After Paul working him magic the dyno showed 200 and the car felt day and night different. What a win day that was..

I did look at Schrick cams but the price these 402s come up at couldn't say no. There does seem to be the odd car that makes good power then! Joke really that just don't do what they should from factory !!

188 with cams when mapped :worried: says it all about them really!

Definite preference for the second option here mate. I'd go with grey paint splatters so they fall back a touch and give more focus to the logo.

Bigger graph was worth posting. Looks loads better in smoothness too.

Good on you for doing it right!

yeh it smooth and can see how power is gained from 3.5k onwards . Really happy with it!

car will have green wheels on aswell

Last edited:

I'm not surprised shricks made 215, tbh I'd expect more out of them as they are much wilder it looks. I'm looking at the high level details now and they are 288/280 duration and with peak lift figs of 12.30mm/11.65mm (inlet/exh)! The inlet cam has more overall lift than a 406 (12.20mm)!! Frankly I'm not sure how they fit without at least rebaiting the pistons..? Must be fairly aggressive ramps? I know there's a lot more to a cam than just the advertised duration and lift figs, but clearly they are aggressive cams.

Funny you say that Rich because as far as I'm aware the only back to back test that has been done was when Ben tested these alongside different profile catcams when TDF was doing his car and the output of 402s and schricks was exactly the same..same car same dyno same day.
Apparently schricks also give a nice lumpy idle as a result of their different/more aggressive profile, I wouldn't mind that at all:smile:

some excellent rants!

lets face it the f4r isn't by its design (under square/long stroke) made for massive revs so the trick is in the combination of parts to give it better mid to top end torque and not ultimate revs unlike the Honda k engines which lack the f4r torque most of the time but have better geometry to rev higher (head ports are also better)

the fr4 makes a far better turbo engine the 275 trophy spec is a very impressive engine for power/economy mix

when I had my 197 I always wanted to get a spare engine and keep it n/a but do some internal stuff due to me having access to plenty of machinery and parts supply but alas it never happened :001_rolleyes:

I wouldn't pay much attention to the cam test, wasn't it TDF...and they managed to build themselves a worse rep than ktec over on CS!

My 403s don't have even the slightest bit of lump to their idle, shricks are def wilder than those. Wish I bookmarked it as I can't find it now, but I came across a French site doing a 230bhp setup using shricks and ITBs.

Anyone looked at the car graphic designs ? Lol

the 402's idle like standard. Wouldn't even know nothing has changed. I know not a wild cam but still.

Great thread chris,the graphics will look good with the green alloys.Why are these engines so frustrating?can throw a lot of dough at these cars.Been looking at getting the cams done but only got the belts
done 2 months back so I've probably missed the boat on that one.My other option was to trade up to 200t,maxogen,intercooler then ship it up to RS tuning and
let them do there magic on it.The cheats way out.

I made 215bhp with schricks mapped at RST. Love the lumpy idle but that aside in the real world zero difference on the road, like the matched inlets, enlarged TB et al. Best thing to do with these is exhaust, map and drive them.

Your saying there was zero difference on road with the cams? :/ that can't be true

with the schrink cams , so they give high bhp but do they take away low down torque or no actually gains?

them larger throttle bodies are complete waste time. Paul tested them back to back on the rollers

Last edited:
Great thread chris,the graphics will look good with the green alloys.Why are these engines so frustrating?can throw a lot of dough at these cars.Been looking at getting the cams done but only got the belts
done 2 months back so I've probably missed the boat on that one.My other option was to trade up to 200t,maxogen,intercooler then ship it up to RS tuning and
let them do there magic on it.The cheats way out.

not the cheat way out, it's the sensible way. In some ways I should done the 200T but prices at time were still high but just recently been one or two that dropped in price. Not just buying the car it modifying it too aswell.

I could stay in same group even with the 200T which would put me at more of a advantage with extra power and paddle shift. But built this car for same price as 200T where a 200T would been upwards of 20k now by now!

If had had belts done then just leave it, defo get it mapped though if haven't as do drive loads better.

Status
Not open for further replies.