Clio 200 Storm Grey Filth....

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
Gave the Clio a bit of TLC yesterday after i think it went though the entire month of December without so much as a jetwash

Had a few bits at my disposal.

25a2c0l.jpg

Here are a few pics of how the car was before i got started

As you can see the amount of build up of grime was quite a lot

2zz1fsp.jpg

znt00j.jpg

2z7pt0k.jpg

2ahili9.jpg

As always i started with the wheels. for this i used Billberry wheel cleaner diluted 1:2

5oz3pl.jpg

ettumb.jpg

j0ya6b.jpg

I have used a few wheel products in the past and i have always rated this

Car was then blasted off to removed the heavy soil and then treated to a good blast with the snowfoam via my Karcher

4ryu53.jpg

97rzvn.jpg

34dgd1c.jpg

Was then rinsed

Then was the 2 bucket method with a lambswool mitt and Megs gold class

2ez6atg.jpg

Rinsed again

2nkrhv9.jpg

The paint was still in good condition and pretty free from contaminants but i left the Iron-X to work its magic for a few minutes (while i threw up as its the worst smelling stuff invented). Im yet to try Wolfs Deacon Gel but will give it a bash when im out of Iron-X

10e3iv9.jpg

fy0211.jpg

Car was then rinsed again

29dxsu9.jpg

Dried with Sonus drying towel. These things are great. Wring out really well and the absorbancy is great

2d1n403.jpg

Last i gave the wax a bit of a top up with Dodo Supernatural via a Dodo Finger mitt. Sonus microfibre towels to remove and buff. colourcoded cloths to match my car too.

35bfnuc.jpg

2gxfk79.jpg

I also took off the side graphics that i got from Renault. Got bored of them

2ic0fux.jpg

31645ug.jpg

2isb2g8.jpg

a17fpd.jpg

scga34.jpg

Next up is suspension and maybe half cage n harnesses

Thanks for reading

Ashton

That is such a strange colour, I love it. :smile:

Sounds like you're aiming to build a Clio.R? Superb. :thumbup:

looking good!

what is Iron X do?? It is remove the tar??

Iron X opens up the paint's pores to release ferrous particles and to neutralize caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface. Ongoing damage is immediately stopped and future damage is prevented by removing the ferrous particles.

Edit:

Car looks epic!

I have had the car since may and still have not seen another one on the road. Loads of white and yellow ones but not grey

I had a guy having a full blown convo with me in M&S car park the other week as he loved the colour

:smile:

Iron X opens up the paint's pores to release ferrous particles and to neutralize caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface. Ongoing damage is immediately stopped and future damage is prevented by removing the ferrous particles.

Edit:

Car looks epic!

thanks. I thought it was tar remove :smile:

Looks brilliant, I would happily have a SG! They are the second best colour by far :-p

I am probably going to jump on the Iron-X bandwagon, I didn't know you could get a spray bottle. How much did you use on the full car? Cheers