Clio Race Car, for sale!

ITB's are what these have always been missing,

advert is awful lol, spelling etc. and the car looks a little rough.

I reckon itll it'll go for around 11K mark.

roof scoop is all I can see missing, but I haven't had a good look

I made an offer of 10k, he is looking for around 16k for it tho

TBH, I'm not worried about the advert, more the car that could be bought, I like the idea and sure if enjoy it but I don't want to get carried away and spend more than I really should.

im with you on this one. 11k i said roughly. 16k seems a little on the steep side? maybe its the ITB set up that has bumped up the price. i know the box and ITB's are probably 10k on their own

It's a good spec but I don't think it's a cup race car she'll. Just a converted road car with 'no expanse spared'

I had the discussion last night with the misses, if it does come off the Trophy will possibly be moved on to free up storage space again.
i think 10k is where I want to cap myself for, but if I can arrange a viewing and it really appeals and has a nice package to accompany it I could creep a little more, but time will tell.

It's not a cup race shell Angel, it's right hand drive for a start :wink:

or am I wrong in thinking the cup racers were all LHD?

you could always have that and sell the ITB kit if need be, if thats an option. and just run standard cup racer engine spec

It's a good spec but I don't think it's a cup race car she'll. Just a converted road car with 'no expanse spared'

It's not a cup race shell Angel, it's right hand drive for a start :wink:

or am I wrong in thinking the cup racers were all LHD?

100% correct! this is a bogo road car converted diy style. I've not read the add as its so piss poorly written but 16k is way over priced regardless of cost to him self.

Look how the rear tow strap has been fitted for gods sake!

dash is all wrong, engine bay is all wrong (wrong airfeed etc)

Any mention of spares in the add? when the gearbox was last overhauled, last reshelled? wets & slicks included? bogo or cup racer alloys?

wouldn't want to risk 10k on it tbh

you won't get one for 10 tbh you would get far, far better for the money he is wanting.

in one picture it is a 200 in the others it is a 197, why would anyone change that on a race car?

More than likely suffered front end damage and changed to 200, hence why most have details on last time they were re-shelled etc.

I already offered him 10k Mark, and I'm highest bidder on the eBay add.
as said I don't mind it as a toy but I don't want to loose track of what it is and waste to much money buying it.
at this moment, it's slightly impulsive as I quite liked the idea of it when I saw it.

Edit to the above, if would appear my current max has been popped this morning.
i shall watch it for a short while and see where it goes, he knows I'm showing interest as I have made contact, we shall see what happens.

Really not sure its all its made out to be so don't go mad.

"no expense spared" adds should have no expense spared on the add. No images of its current state etc box could have been bought years ago and done a ton of laps yet never serviced etc

if your selling a self build "toy" and wanting 16k for it you would have a massive add with tons of detail explaining everything.

just my opinion like

I get what you mean, my old project cossie was documented with a detailed list of almost every nut and bolt when I considered selling it complete.
ended up taking it apart in the end to get the return I wanted.

i think yesterday, if he had said yes to £10k and me in the impulsive mood I'd have gone for it.
today I'm now feeling a little unsure :worried:

[MENTION=28766]Kelv[/MENTION] it's worth 10K in parts anyway, so that's a no brainer, but it sounds like he's asking what the car has cost him, which everyone knows you never get your full money back.

10K would be a a bargain with the spec tbh