Clio RS MK4 On Sale

As if the diamond is not huge enough Renault also put an RS badge below it,then the silly bonnet, MASSIVE mirrors, daytime LEDs...

Sorry wrong thread...

Ill never buy another new car on first release.

My old UR 197 was one of the first in the country and it was a rite pig/Friday car. Traded it in after two years for the RB 197 Cup which was an awesome car. So much better put together and it never put a foot wrong.

If we do end up getting one it'll be new and once they've had a couple of years to sort out any teething problems.

I was speaking to Renault Manchester about these today, there's no official UK release date yet.

No date or idea of date for when they'll have a demonstrator but ''should be summer''.

No official UK prices either as the standard spec' is still be finalised for over here.

As soon as there's one in Manchester I'll be off for a test drive.

Its a bit like going out and pulling a really solid 7.5/10 with beer goggles on...

Then waking up in the morning and realising its only a 4/10 and that you've been inside it.

Sends shivers down my spine.

Put it this way, weve had a new price guide printed on 5th feb, no clio rs prices in there and they dont print them too often!

If it handles well I'll get one....wouldn't be till later in the year though, apparently first demo 200t's will be here late may early June I think Jeremy said..

Makes sense for a late summer arrival of the demonstrators. That'd mean the order books opening around August time and first deliveries being made around the start of October just as the 63 plates come out. No point releasing them before that now really (13 plates start in March), as people being given September delivery dates would probably rather wait a month and have the new new new plate on their car. I don't get the fuss myself about plates but some people are really keen on it...

I like it tbf. You can understand where the haters come from as it is a deviation from the Renault Sport norm/custom. A wise man would see that the target market for RS is and has been small. This, I think, is hoping to attract a whole new client base. Will it? Won't it? Will it have the reverse effect where they lose a part of the limited market they had? These are all questions that will be answered in the future with sales figures I'd guess.

I'd fancy one but couldn't justify a new car atm. Tbh Renault Sport rarely dissapoint and that looked well quick, maintaining the essence of the brand and with added perks like the 5 doors. One thing Renault do well is divide opinion but they all grow on us.

I think it's gonna be a bit like the 200, looks better in some colours than others. (Personal taste)

I'm also reserving judgement until I've seen the rs in the flesh, but I'll probably also wait for one of the many limited editions they do a few years down the line until I got tempted.

They will sell I have no doubts. As soon as people get them and start pointing out all the good and better things about them, minds will start to change I guarantee it.

Just hope the stupid RS badge under the massive Diamond at the front is easily removable.

Also wont be buying until Cup options and Recaro options are available.