clutch change cost

i have today received a quote for labour only on a clutch for my car. they have stated 8.6hrs and a cost of £530.

is this correct??

It's probably not far off really. About £50 an hour for the labour i'm guessing?

Also, please tell me that's not at Mr Clutch.....

parts on top and your looking at £900.....

see if they will do it for a nice round £500!

Holy crap, I missed the labour only part! That's £62 per hour!

How much are the parts? Are you supplying them?

i was thinking of the helix clutch which is £520 or std from Karl at £160, i got a new slave cylender off Ebay gen RUK for 99p lol

24k and you need a new clutch, blimey... I'm on 57k and still on the 1st, warranty runs out soon so getting Renault to check things over... :wink:

Wow, you ate through that clutch quickly. I'm on 30k with 2track days on mine and its still going strong :S

8.6hrs according to renault.

the clutch itself is fine however the release bearing is whats giving me a headache. i am wanting to do the job earlier than is required so i minimise the downtime.

i never spin the wheels or slip the clutch. on the IOM there are NO speed limits out of town so everyday is a trackday

whats the issue with the release bearing?

not worth bleeding the system first? might be air trapped in there or something.

I might go over to the IOM in November for my nan's birthday! My argument to drive will be "Its cheaper than flying" :wink: