Clutch making a click noise?

It's not loud or nasty sounding. Just like and annoying little click? Worst of it is I've only noticed it now after the first time letting the Mrs drive it! It also asked me to press the start/stop button twice to stop which was weird?! Usually just press it once.

Can't help with the noise from the clutch, but it'll ask you to press the start/stop button twice to stop the engine if the card has been removed from the slot when the car is running.

If the card is in the slot when you press the button it will stop with just the one press.

Steve ☺

The card wasn't in the slot? Strange. Just went and tested it again and started/stopped with one press.

back to the clicking though it's really annoying and only noticed it just now after she's drove it :worried:

if if you press it in/out slowly it's fine but makes a click of you use it normally

Last edited:
I have that same click sound in clutch pedal as you described. Sometimes it clicks but not always. I have warranty from dealer until next autumn so i will sort it out later.

My cars a 56 reg so doubt it's covered under warranty. Done a Google search and apparently it can be related to some switch for the cruise control that's part of the pedal? Gonna get down n dirty in the footwell today and have a snoop about it see if I can see what's what! It definitely wasn't there before she drove it or when I was test driving. Always listening out for noises then.

I am quite sure it relates in that cruise control switch. I took that trim panel off and check it but i didnt found anything strange.

clutch pedal has a switch on it like the brake pedal for starting purposes - you can start it by pressing the clutch down...

have a look and put a bit of lubrication on wear it touches the pedal should quieten it down