clutch

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi
i drove my friend car whice is exactly same year and km as mine
his clutch has alittle bit longer movement and mine is shorter and the pedal is also "dropped down"even before i push it ,ive checked the screws and mounts and whats going on down there and is all seem alright
what you suggest?
77902ec13b458145e3ca19063a35b0eb.jpg99877106e04231804ff41dcdfb91eb74.jpg

Last edited:
Which ever car requires the pedal to be pushed further to find the bite point could have more wear. As the clutch is operated by hydraulics like the brakes, any air in the system needs to be bled out, I've never done it with a clutch system before. The problem with air in the system is it compresses, when you push the pedal that pushes a master cylinder which forces hydraulic fluid (brake/clutch fluid) down the pipes to force the slave cylinder to operate the clutch. But if theres air than that will compress thus absorbing some of the force between the master cylinder and slave cylinder meaning the pedal will need pushing further. It could be awkward to bleed as you'll need someone to push the pedal in and out when you say and you'll need to open and close bleed nipple at the right times and keep topping up the reservoir. If you've never done it before then you should get someone who has as it could be very easy to get more air into the system.

Also remember that this is just a possibility, I'm not saying that this is the cause of the issue.

im not talking about the "bite point"
its just another feeling its only a pedal thing, i guess nothing in the gear/clutch ,oh well what ever :smile:
i changed my brake fluid few days ago and got all air/old fluid out so if its shared fluid with the clutch then is not the case

That is mearly sharing a brake fluid resvoir. The systems can't be linked otherwise the both pedals would operate the brakes and the clutch. The from the master cylinders to the slave cylinders they have to be independent of each other.