clutch

my clutch went on the car the other day got it taking into jms tunning in chertsey got a phone call today and the bad news was £300 for the clutch £400 to fit it so im looking to pay out £700 WOW!!! These clios aint cheap

buy a haynes manual and teach yourself :smile:
i think you should have got a few written quotes first before giving someone the work to do.
and yes, both the clutch AND the labour sound steep!!

stu.

buy a haynes manual and teach yourself :smile:
i think you should have got a few written quotes first before giving someone the work to do.
and yes, both the clutch AND the labour sound steep!!

stu.

its not an easy diy job......front subframe needs removing....:bat:

£400 to fit sounds a but steap to me im no mechanic tho try geting a price from other places before you comit to the job

£400 to fit sounds a but steap to me 2 mate. I am going to say the same. Look around prior to jumping the gun. Tuning and dealership places aren't always the cheapest.

Sometimes small independent garages can get you a good price and do just as good job.

Good luck with the search mate. :smiley:

ah been quite a few go :thumbdown:

I am saving up for a 197, and preferably don't want my clutch to go as soon as i get it. Should I ask whether the seller has had any problems with the clutch according to this fault with the slave cylinder?

Touch wood it shouldn't go, incase it does is there an upgraded clutch that most 197 owners put in as their replacement mate?