Coilovers

Be prepared for a harder ride with either option, guess the H&R are harder. Should make your car look a lot better though!

Bilstein dont make coilovers, that was a demontweeks mistake, they only make coilovers for the 2.0 litre 16v non sport models. Ive emailed bilstein directly and they told me this, whether they brought a set out now, i dont know, might be worth contacting bilstein before ordering a set

All of those options are more expensive than the Spax ones we supply, and none have as good a spec. Check our section out. We've got a group buy price of £725. We're doing it until the end of the month

Last edited:
All of those options are more expensive than the Spax ones we supply, and none have as good a spec. Check our section out. We've got a group buy price of £725. We're doing it until the end of the month

to be honest danny i won't be looking to buy till the new year now but i'll still take a look cheers, I had spax psx adjustable dampers an with spax 60mm springs on me old saxo an i wasn't to impressed, what are the coilovers like ride quality wise?

Bilstein dont make coilovers, that was a demontweeks mistake, they only make coilovers for the 2.0 litre 16v non sport models. Ive emailed bilstein directly and they told me this, whether they brought a set out now, i dont know, might be worth contacting bilstein before ordering a set

This is true! I almost made the mistake of buying some but am glad I didn't!

Strictly speaking hnr use billie dampers I thought.

The H&R's do ride better than the KW V1's imo. Ive had both, (like i said on CS :wink:)

Running the KW's on my Cup at the mo, its fine, but imo the H&R's were slightly more compliant on the bumpy stuff. Another thing I will add is the H&R's will look absolutely shot after a winter, you'll need some SPF 50 stuff on them to stop them corroding

The H&R's do ride better than the KW V1's imo. Ive had both, (like i said on CS :wink:)

Running the KW's on my Cup at the mo, its fine, but imo the H&R's were slightly more compliant on the bumpy stuff. Another thing I will add is the H&R's will look absolutely shot after a winter, you'll need some SPF 50 stuff on them to stop them corroding

Sweet so you'd reccomend the h&r's then dude, I'm really putting feelers out this time because I made the mistake of buying gaz gha's for me old 172 an although it looked well an handled ok on the smooth stuff as soon as you hit the ruff it was anyhow.

to be honest danny i won't be looking to buy till the new year now but i'll still take a look cheers, I had spax psx adjustable dampers an with spax 60mm springs on me old saxo an i wasn't to impressed, what are the coilovers like ride quality wise?

I think spax have come back from a few dark years to being really top of their game again. it does take a bit of knowledge to setup adjustable dampers, which is where those who dont really know will say fixed damping is better. It's not, it's just that bit more foolproof. Rest assured though, one size does not fit all, so being able to tailor your damping to suit your car really makes a difference

As an example, I've a customer with a ph1 172 that i fitted bilsteins on nearly 3 years ago. On a fully trimmed road car he loved it and it handled great after i'd set it up. Once he'd decided it was to be a stripped track car he HATED the way it handled, and there was no adjustment to be done as they're all fixed damping.

What you get is 28 point damping, which allows you to tailor the ride for what you're going to use the car for. With the 182 kits we've helped redevelop recently, I've had the ride described as better than standard by people who's opinions I really respect

I wont supply H&R or bilstein currently as every car that comes in with them fitted has them knocking, and most are low miles and under 2 years old

I think spax have come back from a few dark years to being really top of their game again. it does take a bit of knowledge to setup adjustable dampers, which is where those who dont really know will say fixed damping is better. It's not, it's just that bit more foolproof. Rest assured though, one size does not fit all, so being able to tailor your damping to suit your car really makes a difference

As an example, I've a customer with a ph1 172 that i fitted bilsteins on nearly 3 years ago. On a fully trimmed road car he loved it and it handled great after i'd set it up. Once he'd decided it was to be a stripped track car he HATED the way it handled, and there was no adjustment to be done as they're all fixed damping.

What you get is 28 point damping, which allows you to tailor the ride for what you're going to use the car for. With the 182 kits we've helped redevelop recently, I've had the ride described as better than standard by people who's opinions I really respect

I wont supply H&R or bilstein currently as every car that comes in with them fitted has them knocking, and most are low miles and under 2 years old

tbh I'd rather have something with the adjustability an I was happy with the spax customer service back when I had the saxo (one of the damper bushs went an they sent a bush out next day). As for the adjustment I certainly see what your saying regarding setup. I always fully align me motors after lowering at work an over the years I have got the adjustments pretty good but the saxo did ride quality did seem to deteriate after 18 months or so. 1hat sort of warrenty is with the spax equipment.

Sweet so you'd reccomend the h&r's then dude, I'm really putting feelers out this time because I made the mistake of buying gaz gha's for me old 172 an although it looked well an handled ok on the smooth stuff as soon as you hit the ruff it was anyhow.

Yes mate. I've had GAZ on my old Cup in 2005 and they lasted a month. Binned them for some H&R's and never looked back.

I've had 3 sets of H&R and 1 Bilstein B14. Apparently Danny had one of my old set which did have a knock, (i bought em second hand) yet I ran a set from new for near 50k with no issues, and had no issues with any others. I'd look at the KW's also, bit cheaper than the H&R's. If you're lucky some come up second hand. I got mine for £500, boxed as new, only fitted for a month lol!

Oops sorry ;/

Dont buy them then haha!!