Comments on your 197...

Cant find a similar thread we had on here ages ago but if it's ever happened what have people said when they've seen you at the petrol station or wherever?

I have only had two people say something to me, one at a petrol station saying, "it looks stunning, how'd you get it so clean" and then today the funiest one...

Pull up to my local papershop to grab some milk...see the guy (very late 20's i'd say) on the counter staring at it, and go to pay for the milk and he says "Did it have discs on the back, and are the ones on the front standard?" and before I could say anything this was followed by "Shame it's a 1.2, looks good but it must be slow".

The expression on my face must have been priceless, eyebrows raised and I lay down the stats...."its not a 1.2....it's a Renaultsport 197, 2.0, 0-60 in 7 and around 185bhp, Brembo's on the front and rear discs as standard"

And the reply..."Doubt it would beat my Fiesta Zetec S in a race"

I just sniggered and walked out.... still laughing thinking about it now! Not heard someone so bitter in a while!

Lol thats a good one - I haven't met anyone quite so ignorant but get plenty of decent comments about it! You could beat a zetec in reverse!

Normally have comments while at the petrol station filling up! But I tend to drive with the windows down while the weather is nice so Ive had a fair few at the lights, my favourite one being 'What colour is that???' shortly followed by 'Do that normally come like that???'. I had to laugh at the first question!

Ha Ha I like it, get plenty of looks but no comments as yet! :sleep:
Zetec S? I could run faster then one of those! :rofl:

I went to a ZSOC meet (I used to use it frequently as I had a ZS) in the 197, and someone who I had never met in my life came up to me (he looked like a horse too) and said "I couldn't beat that RS in my puma'd up ZS, but I could piss all over yours". I just said "yeah whatever you want mate" and left the meet.

Was so gravely offended by this total tosser saying such un-truths, I have never been back to a ZSOC meet since! :smile: :ban:

basicly it still gets stared at and still gets comments at petrol stations etc

its racing blue so that might help a bit but yeah its still a head turner and i love it even after 2 years yeeeeee haaaaaaa mmmffffffoooos

i love it

can i just say, not all zetec s owners are tossers! not like ive got one or anything, honest! that guy sounds like a massive tool!

Oh he was indeed....he was in the Surrey lot. There are some great people on tgere, but he really spoilt it for me.

I love having the only red one for miles around too. Only last night, a car full of lads drove past on A27 gorping...it was great :smile::smile::smile:

Well I've had mine about 10 days now and I've had nothing but good, in fact great feedback... A couple of lads at my old work didn't realise how aggresive looking they are until I picked the missus up last Friday and one of the lads hit the roof because I'd parked next to his W plate 1.2 hahaha!!! Jealous was not the word, he was positively drooling but we've been mates for years so there's no bitterness. :smile:

I've had the usual glances from lads (and girls) around my age (24) in other sporty cars, one of the lectureres at the local college now lets on to me whenever I see him in the morning in his Evo VIII, a lad in a Twingo133 always gives me a wave and a girl in an identical 197 looked more than excited when we passed each other!!!

The single best comment I've had was last night though. There's a few of us that go out every month for a drive, I'm the youngest. One of the lads Bobby has a V8 Vantage and he couldn't believe I was sticking to the back of his car through the bends and he's now looking to get one!!! His did sound a bit better though!!! :tongueout:

Haha some awesome stories :smile:

Nice that in general you're all getting good comments, and I don't see why not, if I see a stunning car i'll tell the driver it's awesome!

Loving the comment you got Paul - "what colour is that"....Yellow maybe? Are you blind? Haha

And as for the meet Mike, we all you know would have been the one laughing if he put his money where his mouth was...muppet! Shame you've not been back since, but sometimes that's just the way :worried:

Know what you mean about College/Uni Willis, so many looks having a 197 :smiley: I get pretty excited when I see another one and have to stop myself chasing them down from 5 miles away haha!!

I do think that with mine being black it get's less comments, every other colour really does stand out much more. But I still love mine honest...just a tiny bit less now lol! But the fact that they all stick like glue to much more powerful cars makes me very happy :smile:

its not a 1.2....it's a Renaultsport 197, 2.0, 0-60 in 7 and around 185bhp, Brembo's on the front and rear discs as standard"

Points for the anorak reply! :w00t:

Only comments ive had were from my barbers rather tasty daughter :clap:

I've had so many comments on mine think it's cause I live in the country and every one drives tractors and 15 year old Nissan primeras :smile:

Just the usual I gues people flag me down down my nans road" wow what is that "

Lovley colour , what blue us that , nice car mr , ohh that's a nice car .... Etc

All over the place work car park , sandringham , Birmingham I can't get away from the comments lol

I think the White wheels make it stand out too .

All the lads at my college sneek into the staff car park and take photos of each other by mine,then post them on the net making out its there own.
They all love it .
My postman was talking to me for so long about it the other morning I was late for work.
Get good comments about it all the time.
The only bad ones are how come such an old git like me owns it.!!!!!!!

Ive had loads of comments but the best one was from an early 30s bloke he was driving a audi tt quattro, was coming back from work down my favourite country lanes, and i came up to the audi he then dropped it a cog and floored it so i did the same and chased him thru the lanes, got back to my town and went to the shops round the corner from me, when in the corner i saw the audi that id been playing with, he came straight up to me and said "what the hell is in that that? didnt know they did turbo clios" lol he had the right hump when i sed it was a 2.0 non turbo, he was talking to me for about half an hour about my car then lol

Points for the anorak reply! :w00t:

Only comments ive had were from my barbers rather tasty daughter :clap:

Haha thanks, I was tempted to reel off even more stats but thought that was enough lol!

Know what you mean about comments in the countryside A2ON, More people seem to pay attention to it in the sticks, your blue stands out so much more :wink: mine belnds in with the city life :worried: haha

Haha stormbringer that's very funny, you should start charging for photo's! All their facebook profiles with pics of your car :smiley:

And Mojo thats awesome, I do love the look on peoples faces when you keep up with someone driving a more powerful car that handles like a bus! :smile:

I always get people in petrol stations saying 'nice car' and stuff

best was I was in a mcdonalds drive through and the guy said 'nice Clio, is that the gt?' I said no it's the renault sport 200 ad he said 'no that the gt, 1.6 pretty slow really' and I said no it's te renaut sport, leaned greats and showed him the stitching in the seats, he then said oh u got the rs interior so I said no it's the rs it's a 2.0 and he said I used to work for Renault as a mechanic and that's a gt so I said well done, u went from a mechanic to working in mcdonalds, your my hero,

Turned traction off, big wheel spin :smile:

some people.....

Also had a guy in a merc cl63 tell me my car was gorgeous and that he has a 182 and said it was more fun than his merc!!

Had a white Ford Focus RS follow me down the M1 a couple of weeks ago... that car looks amazing and has real road presence (as does my GW 200 Cup..!) - real aggresive, looks like it's chewing the tarmac up.

When the driver eventually eased passed we gave each other a simultaneous wave of appreciation, was great..!

I fill left out :bye2:

Not had any comments on my car, only people looking over at petrol stations.