ContiSportContact 5 vs Pilot Sport 3

tchalikias

Paid Member
Well after four years my tyres are showing their age. Tread depth is ok but the tyres themselves have aged visibly.

I am on the OEM CS3s now. I was thinking of moving up to the CS5s or the Michelin Pilot Sport 3s.

What would you choose between these two?

Can't really judge the pilots, but I just replaced my fronts with CS5's and can't fault them, the grip wet and dry is fantastic even with pushed on some nice B roads. I just wanted to keep as OEM as possible more than anything and read good things about the CS5s.

Hahah, gotta love tyre discussions, three posts, three different recommendations :tongueout:

I'll check prices for the F1s.

Here in Greece the CS5s and PS3s are currently priced the same (~10 euro difference)

Got ps3s on the Meg did Spa the Ring Bedford that's why I recommend them had conts on the Clio did not think much of them went to Vrederstine and will go back when the Ps3s go

Ps3's!! They only used continental coz Renault had a deal not because they were deemed the best for the Clio! Better in the wet a d dry and last a lot longer! Continental always drop off half way down the mitchelin doesn't.

I'd recommend AD08 but apparently you don't get them in Greece. PS3 it is then:wink: But question, have you got the same tyres for 4 years?????

Ps3's!! They only used continental coz Renault had a deal not because they were deemed the best for the Clio! Better in the wet a d dry and last a lot longer! Continental always drop off half way down the mitchelin doesn't.

^^ this..... Contis are overpriced and over rated, don't be a Renault sheep...

I continue my quest to remove Contis from the pedestal that's far to high.

I am finishing a set of CS5's at the moment, was well happy with them tbh, better grip both dry and wet than cs3's, would love to try the michelins next time though, or the bridgestone potenza adrenalin which are cheaper than the cs5 now.

I continue my quest to remove Contis from the pedestal that's far to high.

I too am on this quest. Its not proving easy so for but I will keep pushing forward.

I'm currently loving my Bridgestone Potenza RE070 (an option in Greece?) And will be running RE050s come winter (not really a winter tyre but they've proved themselves over previous years).

I used CS3s on my 197 and using PS2s on my 250.
Honestly can't tell the difference. Both great tyres IMO.

well despite some saying the Falkens were S**T i have had them now for some time and more than happy on the road with them, they do every thing and they are a little loose under extreme cornering (Roundabouts at high speed) but just how i like them. and £80 each
Im fussy about tyres having raced Bikes in the past to a pretty good level and i intend to track days soon so will be looking at Yoko's amongst others for that but day to day if your a day to day driver Falkens and they are cheap