Coolant

Ross

Paid Member
Cars just been serviced and i'm almost happy, just coolant was mentioned as requiring "drain / replace" etc.

Im sure its just main dealer speak so id rather top it up myself although i've no clue what to do or buy....never done this before.

Please could someone provide some advice here? :blink:

Its Type-D and should be changed at the 4 year service or 72k mark on a 197 anyway.

However just as well to wait to the following year (6 year service for 200) and get the water pump changed at the same time as the cambelt.

If it's "drain/replace" it probably doesn't require topping up, but just go check the reservoir and see if it's on its minimum mark. I thought they would have done it in a service anyway if it was low.

I'd just take Matt's advice though. Wait until you have the cambelt/water pump changed.

It not a top up, its drain the existing coolant, and refilling with brand new coolant and making sure its bled all the way through with no air locks.

And it's 4 years for the 200 as well as the 197, iirc 200 cambelt is 6 years so you may be 2 years short of that.

As above full drain and replace NOT a top up. It will have been done or should have been if you have had a thermostat changed.