Cooling help

Hey guys, I’ve recently gotten myself a 2012 Clio RS 200 and since I’ve gotten it it has been over heating. This only happens when it’s been sitting in the sun in traffic for a while and or slowing down and speeding up for speed bumps. I got the car from wales and I really don’t want to drive 5 and a half hours back to the dealer. I’ve been looking for a new radiator to maybe help with the cooling efficiency and I can’t to seem to find a strictly performance part. All fluid levels are correct. The warning symbol is a little flag with 2 lines under it, not sure if that’s oil or water. Thank you so so much for any of your help :smile:

I had the same, overheating that no-one could fix, grills removed, groves in bonnet, fan was blowing air from engine compartment to outside. Fixed, no more overheating. Obviously work has been done on your car, otherwise it would still be blowing the right way.

Reactions: Sean197
Where does the temperature gauge sit when it is up to temperature? It should be in the middle.

Place some paper against the front of the car when the fan is running, is it being pulled in or pushed away from the front of the car. It sounds like the wirings been messed with, or a relay isn't working right. I had a fan that wouldn't turn off on mine when parked up and it turned out to be a knackered relay causing the issue

Where does the temperature gauge sit when it is up to temperature? It should be in the middle.

Place some paper against the front of the car when the fan is running, is it being pulled in or pushed away from the front of the car. It sounds like the wirings been messed with, or a relay isn't working right. I had a fan that wouldn't turn off on mine when parked up and it turned out to be a knackered relay causing the issue
Sits on just under the 2nd line, then when it over heats it goes half way and more

Fan definitely pushes air from the engine bay out the front of the car. I haven’t had a chance to check properly what the issue with it is, will keep you updated

That's definitely wrong.
There's no real way to connect it up backwards unless someone has had the wiring apart.

That's definitely wrong.
There's no real way to connect it up backwards unless someone has had the wiring apart.
Got me a bit worried here I had to change the radiator in mine over the weekend and wire up the fans, can we just confirm which way the fans should work because I'm getting a bit concerned I've done mine wrong should the fan blow the air to the front of the car through the radiator or suck the air from the radiator in the same direction that the air flow goes ?

The fan sucks/draws air from the front.
The airflow is the same direction as when you’re driving down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twingo200
Is it not possible to accidentally connect fan wire to resistor and vice versa resulting in it spinning in reverse? From memory the connectors are the same.

I’m certain the plug is directional, as my mate had to re-wire his meglio at Cadwell one time.