Cost of a new windscreen

just go through your insurance? it wont effect your no claims at all, or ask your insurance company who they use and go to them direct, most cases it will be auto glass who will sort the cliam out with your insraunce comapny direct.
Any glass breakage, weather it be front screen, rear screen side windows will not effect your no claims

I will ring my insurance and see what they say.

How would I go about getting a genuine Renault screen ?

I will ring my insurance and see what they say.

How would I go about getting a genuine Renault screen ?

Dealer's? But never know any dealer touch the glass, they just leave it people like autoglass. Unless the dealer got one from autoglass and then then the dealer would fit it.

Its never been a topic that has come up on here. You are in unchartered territory Maz! :huh:

Insurance won't pay :worried:

My reg is MAZ 6448 Karl.
what do u mean they wont pay? you have to pay your windscreen access, £60 - £70 then they should book it in for you, i would go to autoglass direct personally, tell them its a botched job and get them to sort it, give them your policy number and job done

I rang my insurance and they said if autoglass have repaired they are not going to pay for a new screen if it doesn't need one.

No, go to Autoglass, tell them you're not happy and you want a new screen. They have failed to sort the problem, the issue is to be raised with them. You should only use the insurance company to back your complaint up, rather than pay for another.

Oh, and insist on Renault glass. Takes a bit longer, but you have the right to do so, I've done it with mine in the past.

Yeah Autoglass will go through your insurance directly, I had to do the same last year with a massive crack.
And this year Ive had to have a big chip filled.

Oh, and if it was done by the ****bags at Winwick Quay you've got a fight on your hands. They made a botch of my A3, scratching the paint because they took it out the lazy way, rather than with a cheesewire.

Ring them, tell them you're not happy and want a new screen. They'll refuse and moan, so ring up head office and insist, moan at the insurance company and they'll give them a hard time too... they'll cave eventually.

Last edited:
I've had one chip repaired and it drove me nuts....... 3 weeks later, gave it a belt with a hammer + said a big stone came out from between the twin wheels of a tipper lorry. New screen :smiley: