Council workers....

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Yesterday for me was the worst day of my life so far, as my mother passed away.

So today we went to the registrars to register it, and the woman in there - could she do anything to make it more difficult for us to deal with it. All the questions that needed answering were on a piece of paper infront of her, but she kept on and on.

I felt like having a fat go at her for being so insensitive, but thought it would probably be best if I didn't!

It hasn't hit me yet, but I dare say it will at the funeral. She was too young to pass on, and cancer is a very very nasty disease - especially brain cancer.

RIP Mum xx

Mike

Im so sorry to hear that Mike, my condolences.

I completely understand where you are coming from and I know it is awful to deal with such things, it shouldn't be made hared by the jobsworth behind a desk. You would expect they have the common sense to know how difficult it is for you and to be more supportive.

I hope you are ok mate, try and be with your family as much as possible - i know it helped me to be able to talk about everything and remember the good times you have shared!

i really do feel for you mate i know what it feels like to lose someone close to you but you have to realise we as humans find it hard to deal with emotion weather its love or anger or bereavement its just hw we were made so its not their fault,but as they do it for a job they should understand really and make it an easier process to go thorugh

hope your ok

smiler

Really sorry to hear about your mum Mike...Cancer is a nasty disease and affects way too many people (my sister in law has it). I hope that you manage to get through everything ok..it will probably hit you when you least expect it to, so don't be surprised at that. I am sure that you will have lots of support, sometimes from the unlikeliest places, and you will know that there is some good in the world, even though you've just lost a bit of yours..

Mate so sorry to hear your news, cancer is horrible to deal with and hard as a close family member. Three out of my grandparents have died from cancer and it is horrible watching the effects.

As for dealing, im sure there are close family and friends that will give you plenty of support, best thing to do is talk about it mate and as hard as it seems, try to remember to good times.

Im sure I speak for everyone on here that you have our thoughts with you and your family and any support we can offer will be greatly given.

Mike

I went through this myself about 5 years ago, and tbh it still feels odd. Like yours, mine was too young and had far too much life left to live. If you want anyone to talk to feel free to pm me.

so sorry to hear of your sad loss mate, im sure we have all had some sort of experiance of losing some one with cancer at some stage. me especially i lost my uncle to cancer when he was 28 years old never drank and never smoked, my mum was told she had cancer 2 years ago 2 weeks before xmas she is now fully recovered and in the all clear thank goodness.

to see them go through all the opps/tests/drugs/keemo etc etc is just heart braking tbh.

again if you need a talk mate dont hesitate to pm me.

our thoughts go out to you and your family at this sad time.

Craig.

sorry to hear that mate. I really feel for you.

I do know what you mean though, I'm not comparing my current situation to what your going through but I've had a nightmare with my GP's office. I just want to get the tests done to see if theres anything wrong with me and the office staff couldn't be less helpful, to the point were they are actually being obstructive. Some people just dont give a f*** about anyone but themselves.

Our thoughts are with you though mate, may your mother rest in piece

our deepest condolences Mike
i know it's a stupid old cleche but things will get better with time and as the guys say it's better to talk with your family and friends it will help with the healing process.
keep strong Mike your in our thoughts and prayers
may your mother rest in peace

Max

thoughts are with you fella

it wont be easy - 2 year ago i lost 3 relatives within 2 weeks

both my parents health is a worry at the moment and to top it off i have not been succesful in the job re-organisation so i am now surplus !!!

I don't know you but I am proud of you in the fact that you are strong enough to even talk about your loss like this. Well done.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I have no place for religion in my life, and look to my wife and family for comfort.

It still hasn't sunk in, but I think from what friends have said, I began grieving before she even passed away - as long ago as two months when I burst into tears at the sight of a photo of her old self.

Well, I am going to start a Bonsaii tree in her memory - an oak. The acorn has come from the grounds of the hospice she passed away in, and will be planted in a small pot. I am going to also add a few of her ashes then she will physically be part o the tree - and oaks can live for hundreds of years so the next half dozen Cracknell generations will have a part of her in their lives.

Thanks again people

Mike
x

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Spotted 0
sthomasj10 General Chat 6