Couple of fluid based Questions...

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
1. Would 2 x 500ml of brake fluid be enough for a complete flush or do I need 3x500ml ?

2. Is 2L of gearbox oil enough and would changing it in anyway void any kind of warranty? (odd question maybe :s )

Oh and would fitting braided lines in anyway void the warranty on parts of the braking system?

:smiley:

Can't help you on the warranty stuff I'm afraid.

I *think* the gearboxes were meant to be ''oiled for life'', why you wanting to change?

But brake fluid; I had 3x500ml and ended up with about 1/2 a bottle left so I'd recommend to get 3 bottles. :wink:

brakes 1ltr - is enough

2ltr for gearbox is fine - will void warranty if you use other than renault spec oil

as for braided lines - cant see how they would effect a warranty claim as they have no real influence over the longevity of other brake components.....but you know what reanult dealers can be like!!!

I had braided lines and they changed the calipers under warranty as the paint was flaking. Also i found 1 litre is enough fluid if you are good at bleeding or have a vacuum bleeder. Gearbox oil same again but 2 litres and cringe when you see ure synchro mesh coming out in the oil lmao