Crank angle

samben

Gold Member
Anyone know the crank angle for a 197?

Need it for my dta ecu

Thanks
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@samben you can get a base map FOC from DTA or Pure motorsport. to get the car started but not for use above 3500rpm, as the DEphaser trigger is probably not set .

@samben Mines set to a standard Bosch 60-2 trigger with 84deg crank angle, and 0 crank offset.

Next time it's mapped I want it verifying with a timing light though, as I've heard I should have 8deg crank offset on that. I'd be interested to know what your DTA ends up being set to?

I assume you tuned the F4R then, what cams did you settle on in the end?

@samben tried PM'ing you.
Have you used the crank oscilloscope, I did and come up with crank sensor angle (to BTDC) of 6 or 186 degC.
Have you selected option 15 (audi 1.8T 60-2 , hall sensor cam) in the crank sensor set up.
in the middle of chats with Alex at DTA regards the cam sensor reference point.

Drop us a PM and can chat more........compare maps!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

@samben Mines set to a standard Bosch 60-2 trigger with 84deg crank angle, and 0 crank offset.

Next time it's mapped I want it verifying with a timing light though, as I've heard I should have 8deg crank offset on that. I'd be interested to know what your DTA ends up being set to?

I assume you tuned the F4R then, what cams did you settle on in the end?

Following the mapping session, crank angle 90deg (BTDC). that on a 60-2 flywheel. Cam shaft sensor is 60deg.
However Chris (EFI parts) says the Adaptronic units should be set to 84, as they have a strange set up in detecting the gap and such this equates to 6deg offset