Cup spoiler is sooo marmite...????

Apologises as I know its a common post. I must agree with other forum members, the clio needs a rear spoiler. I wasn't sure at first but the more I see the car, the more I feel it needs something. My first choice is the GT but its stupidly expensive (£300 + fitting), then theres the Ktec but I don't think it works well with LY. Then the Cup, which is sooo marmite. I am undecided about it. Does it make the clio look chavy or like someones had too many visits to halfords. I asked lads today in bodyshop and its a 50/50 split. For some unknown reason seems to work better with the 200 than 197 IMO.
Maybe if I was 21 again I could get away with it....???

Last edited:
search for clio 3 spoiler on ebay litchy, i got my 197 spoiler off there, similar to the sprint.... but something different.... still subtle but sets the car off a treat

I thought exactly the same and im so glad I decided to do it as I love it on my LY.

i had the dynamique s spoiler which is similar to the ktec item, but im in the process of swappin it for a cup spoiler at present.

i myself think the cup spoiler looks better :thumbsup:

(not chavvy :tongueout:roud:smile:

Sometimes I look at the cup spoiler and think it looks good, but I couldn't bring myself to have it on my own car. Looks far far too 'stuck on' for me.

I've got a cup spoiler on my r27, and think it finishes it off nicely! I have got the skirts and splurged too though. I'm no spring chicken either! lol

I'm in the same position, trying to decide about putting the cup spoiler on an LY R27. I change my mind daily!

I think it does look better with the full cup kit too, anybody know a place/price for the skirts and splitter?

message twingogeekeo for the splitter an skirts dude
im a fan of the cup splitter an the spoiler, not so much the skirts tho

Cheers justjamie, I'll do that.

Yeah, I like the splitter more than the skirts, just thinking that a splitter without the skirts might make the sides look a bit high?