Dan's CLIO 197 Albi Blue daily project

Quick introduction first, been a member on here for a while now having bought a little 1.2TCE as a daily driver.
I wasnt really after a 197 as i have an E46 M3 in Estoril blue for when i want to go out for a play but really couldnt resist especially with it being in Albi Blue, similar to my M3 :smile:

The other day i dropped on a cheap 197 on an auction that needed some work (light front end damage, not recorded)

All panels apart from the bumper are unmarked, the pictures below are from the ebay ad before i cleaned it and do the car no justice at all, its come up gleaming after a good wash!

Pictures of the car are below, the spec is as follows

Albi Blue

71k mileage

Full service history including all belts etc replaced

Some sort of renaultsport kit (splitter, skirts and spoiler) correct me on the proper name for it please

All it needs to be back on the road is:
Front bumper repair - £150
Crash bar - £42
Upper grills - £38
Bumper carrier - not bought yet
Gel plates - £16

Here are some pictures from the advert below, id guess some may of seen it on ebay or possibly know of the car before?

_571.gif

_57_1.gif

_574.gif

Looks like a good buy if all it really needs is a new front bumper :smile:

ETA: That steering wheel looks in great condition! No peel!

Last edited:
Looks like a good buy if all it really needs is a new front bumper :smile:

ETA: That steering wheel looks in great condition! No peel!

I took it all apart yesterday and it was listed as needing a new front bumper, the one on it is easily fixable so happy days :smile:
There is some slight peeling on it, think they all peel after so long :worried:

Managed to take a few pictures today after it was all clean, its came up really nice seeing as its not been polished or deep cleaned yet :smile:

Just waiting on the front bumper to be reprayed and the other parts to arrive for fixing it.

Also decided on whether to leave the standard silver lights in or install the black projector headlights from my daily, hmmm...

Been installing coilovers on the m3 today as well so couldnt resist a few pictures next to it

DSC_2488.gif

DSC_2483.gif

DSC_2489.gif

DSC_2498.gif

DSC_2491.gif

DSC_2496.gif

DSC_2494.gif

Couldnt help putting a pic of the M3 up after installing the coilies today :smile:

DSC_2470.jpg

Bit of an update since last week :smile:
The bumper is back from repair & paint
Most other parts have arrived apart from the bumper carrier which i bought today for £40 and a fog light for £16

Managed to get the crash bar on today and swapped the lights out of my current daily Clio which has projectors. Still undecided whether to put them on the Clio or the spare pair or silver lights i have

Ive now built the car back up, all parts are on and everything went smoothly.

I spent most of today clay barring the car as the paint was very rough with some tar spots.
Paint is now ready for a good polish and sealant :smile:

I swapped out the HID lights from my old clio as well to give it a meaner look and uprated headlights
Ive also made some gel resin plates which have cost me £20 instead of £40 ordering them already made

(before the clay bar)
DSC_2541.gif

DSC_2545.gif

DSC_2573.gif

DSC_2577.gif

DSC_2581.gif

(after clay bar)

DSC_2586.gif

DSC_2588.gif

Similar Thread Suggestions