dash display question, boffin needed.

radio wasnt working in the car (2008 197 cup), so i took it out and found that only 3 parts were connected, black housing, grey housing and the aerial. after rooting around i found a set of wires with a yellow housing so i connected that and it finally let me put the code in a get the radio working. but, there is no outside temperature showing. there wasnt before either, the display would just show the time and nothing else. so i took out the radio on my mums 2007 rip curl clio and found that hers had a set of wires in a blue housing as well as the grey, black and yellow one mine has. why does hers have 4 connectors and where is my temerature readout! i know this is a small thing but i like to have everything working as it should. any help with this would be very appreciated.

Your is a light weight 'cup' car and it may not have been fitted. Does your drivers mirror have the sensor it (small bump on the underside of it)?

just checked the wing mirror. underneath there is a small round hole where it looks like there should be something sticking out of it. do you think i have a missing sensor maybe?

Last edited:
Yeah or no sensor because its a cup. Weight saving and all.... Just an intelligent guess though :smile:

:/ I take it this is a hot topic [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION]? Sorry

not sure what you mean?

the outside temperature isn't fitted to cups..

check/do a search as its been asked a few times and I don't think anyone has retro fitted it (yet) if that's what your after