day off clean

first time using one of them maguires clay bar kit things today and wow so smooth and easier to wax afterwards, if i didnt use this site i would of neverrrrr found out about them defo using them from now on! which bar is the best? :tongueout:

anyway had a day of weather has been so cold, dark and pants and pictures taken off iphone so quality will be rubbish, sorry:worried:

039.gif

038.gif

037.gif

036.gif

035.gif

looks great mate,

i am also going to try these clay bar kits at the weekend for the first time. :lol:

looks top notch even if the pics aren't best quality, you can still see the shine!

nice and easy to use isn't it? how long did it take you?

hope you are pleased with it mate - you should be!

thankyou mate, yeah well chuffed , i mean i read about you lot like going on about it and saying how good it is and i thought it would be really hard, alot easier than i thought and will deff be using them from now on! already shopping online and going back thru threads to see what people recommend :tongueout:

took me a couple hours to bash through the whole thing i reckon dont reli keep time so just guestamating but well worth it!!

lol i like that you are already wanting more! from what iv been told it doesn't need to be done too often, 4-6months is the general feeling, like you say for a couple of hours work it doesn't half make a difference!

if you find anything that is recommended get it posted 'cos ill be interested.

Nice work matey!

Sonus clay is in my opinion the best clay out there. No need to buy any quick detailer to go with clay, just use a very weak mix of water and shampoo. The megs clay isn't bad at all although I found that it did struggle a bit on overspray.

Claying only really needs to be done every so often, 4 - 6 months as was previously suggested is perfectly fine as long as you keep it protected with regular coats of wax. Out of curiousity, what wax is it that you have used?

ahh cool thankyou for all comments and advice:smile: i use the turtlewax special black paint stuff never used any other unless anyone knows of anything better??

ahh cool thankyou for all comments and advice:smile: i use the turtlewax special black paint stuff never used any other unless anyone knows of anything better??

Personally I would stay away from the waxes produced by Turtle Wax due to durability not being particularly good apparently.

The gloss and shine that you achieve from giving it a good clean all comes from the preparation. Polishing the paintwork and then applying an LSP (Last Step Product) - it has little or nothing to do with the wax you use.

For you, as a beginner, I would suggest getting yourself some Autoglym Super Resin Poish and then use a wax like Collinite 476S or if you fancy shelling out for increased durability then go for something like Victoria Concours Wax. Both brilliant.

IMO, there is no such thing as colour specific waxes. Dodo juice etc seem to believe that there is a difference but I personally think it's just a marketing gimmick.

Feel free to PM me if you need to ask anything. (I was a pro detailer until recently - decided to give it up as it got a tad boring!)

Wow thankyou very much. Yeah I'll try that autoglym polish and try some wax from dodo or that Victoria stuff like you mention :smile: gives me something to try next day off :tongueout:

cheers

Depends what your budget is mate? Well done on the results! Black is a nigthmare to keep!

From now on just keep topping up the layers of wax for winter :thumbup: