De-cat question.... Noise?

Hey guys,

Currently running milltek cat-back exhaust happy with noise on power however looking for a better sound on the over run :smile: and maybe a few more pops. Will fitting a decat do this? And is it going to make me lose power?

Cheers
Rich

Will lose you a bit of torque but gain some bhp (From what I hear). Would be better to get it remapped again after the decat fitting.

I've heard the same as N0ddie, on NA engines it usually gives a little more BHP at the expense of lbFt. Noise wise, from my own experience with other cars I'd say expect the exhaust to sound a bit more raspy and you MAY get more popping/crackling but that would depend on how your car's been mapped. You could save some money and just have it mapped now to produce more poppage. :wink:

Not sure what'd happen with the emissions light on the dash though? I imagine that'd light up with the cat removed...

I'm not sure the standard cat is that restrictive anyway is it?

Mine has no cat on it and i have also had the pre-cat cut out of the manifold sounds nice i will get video of it for you. but before i had the pre-cat cut out it was just decated in the middle and the car used to drive like sh*t until i got it remaped. It was jumping and also had a BIG flat spot but now it runs so nice thanks to jms tuning im going back there so that they can change the map so i have a few pops and bangs they are also going to try an overrun map wich when you get up to hi revs and come off the gas there will be a pop and a lil flame shooting out both exhaust tips lol niiiiiiiice

An overrun map would be amazing!

Decided after a good thrash tonight (£30's) worth haha that it sounds nice enough as it is and let's out a loud pop on the up change and on the down change when heel n toeing which sounds incredible!!! Also it is fast enough so I'm not gonna touch it as it's already been mapped when the milltek was added :wink:

Thanks for the replies though :smile: