Deposit placed on a red 197!

Hi all. Just placed a deposit on a red RS 197! Needless to say I'm very excited to get it. They need to service and mot it before I can get my hands on it, it's going to a long week.

I chose this one because of the mileage (62k) and the amazing recaro seats.

I fully intend to make this my own, I've got £500 spare, so an exhaust system seems like the obvious direction to take.

I took a quick snap and did a silly edit to pass the time.

uploadfromtaptalk1441644471427.jpg

:welcome:
and before you go spending big money make sure that your tires,discs/pads etc dont need to be replaced..
enjoy

Congrats Henry. Hope the MOT and service go ok.

Don't mod it yet, drive it a bit. You'll get more enjoyment out of the mods if you space them out, trust me. And the £500 would be better spent on refreshing a few bits to make it tip top before you get an exhaust. The standard one is fine for a bit! If it doesn't need anything at all (it probably will), get a detail. Well worth it on a new car.

Hope the car treats you well. We all know it's going to be fun!

Thanks everyone. I think I might take your advise and let the money burn a hole for a while. I guess with a 8 year old car you never know what will happen. We'll see.

Thanks everyone. I think I might take your advise and let the money burn a hole for a while. I guess with a 8 year old car you never know what will happen. We'll see.

Honestly mate, if you mod it straight away then that's just the car you bought. If you get used to it first and then mod it, you'll appreciate the mod a LOT more. I've done it both ways. Slowly slowly save for better parts approach wins out for me.

You definitely have a point. All I know is that with my current car, RS 182, an exhaust would have made me very happy. But initially the new car it's self will do this. The mods can wait. First things first is a bloody good clean!

Totally agree with everyone else. I've had mine 6 months and it's standard. If I had them money after being used to how it drives, a popping exhaust would be on my list. You wouldn't know much difference if do it straight away and you'll appreciate it more.

Glad you managed to find a good one :smile:

Yeah, another vote here for holding fire on the mods to start off with! Even standard, there is a lot to love with these cars.

Edit: PS glad you managed to find one with Recaro seats :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes I'm very happy that I did. The advise really helped push me in the right direction. I'll make my best efforts to make the next meet near me.

Similar Thread Suggestions