Discs + Pads

After it being a bit dodgy stopping from high speed I had a look at the rear discs, and to put it bluntly they're f*cked.

Took it to the garage and I was quoted £175.70 for both rear discs + pads, fitting + VAT... is that about average or am I paying over/under?

Rear discs are expensive as they have bearings or something like that in them pads are cheap seems about right to me, try getting prices for parts off of twingogeekeo off here and then see how much labour is?

£175 fitted including vat? I would snap their hand off for that. Rear discs and pads alone should cost around £198 inc vat.

I've just looked at renault parts online and the disks £124 EACH. think thats a glitch in the system......be back in a minute

edit, no, think thats a pair.

Rear pads are £55.75

Last edited:
That seems good price
Just checked my disks after nearly 5yrs and they still look ace

That seems good price
Just checked my disks after nearly 5yrs and they still look ace

Mine are the same Roy, no matter how much stick they get they are only about 10-20% of the wear rate of the fronts!

Mine are the same Roy, no matter how much stick they get they are only about 10-20% of the wear rate of the fronts!

How many times you changed pads Paul? I've changed mine once at 30000 miles

Will check they are genuine - and no it wasnt me I bought the c
ar last month knowing they might need changing but didnt realisr quite how bad they were!

I've just looked at renault parts online and the disks £124 EACH. think thats a glitch in the system......be back in a minute

edit, no, think thats a pair.

Rear pads are £55.75

What is Renault parts online? Is it a website? That's a very good price for discs and I will be needing some soon.

thats really really cheap mate and speaking from experience isnt right,i priced them up from renault at £104 each roughly 2 months ago,i ended up going for a pair of rear pagid racing discs and pads which where virtually exactly the same price but by all accounts better quility,i'd strip yr fronts as well though mate cos after doing my shagged rears there was very little difference due to the fronts doing all the work,on checking the fronts found they where in similar condition,the inner pads on all 4 corners had to be hammered out,i put ds2500 pads on the front with ktec black edition grooved discs and boy does she brake hard now,its all about getting the brakes to work properly though to be fair and not just upgrading,u might also want to change your brake fluid as well as if yr pads have been sticking then you may well have boiled the fluid