Do I have a catback exhaust?

Ryster

Paid Member
So as im on holiday my brother is using my car, now he rung and sorted my.booking at RS Tuning for a remap and silencer delete. But, he has asked why as he says my exhaust sounds quite 'aftermarket' anyway. Now the car currently has 8k miles on it and I believe the exhaust has got a bit more 'throaty' but i have attributed it to just being properly run in and choking up a touch.

My brother says different and suggested I upload some photos he has taken to allow you lot to tell me if its standard or not. If it is standard could somebody please point out where the silencer is, as all i see is cat?

Not too clued up on car mechs so feel free to laugh at my lack of knowledge!

Thanks guys.

20140612_201412.jpg20140612_201433.jpg

If it has become progressively louder I'd be paying particular attention to the flexis joining the manifold to the cat... If they've burst it can work out £££.

Not to worry you or anything!

If it has become progressively louder I'd be paying particular attention to the flexis joining the manifold to the cat... If they've burst it can work out £££.

Not to worry you or anything!

Is there anyway I can check these myself? I have a renault warranty but they will want 78 just to look at it.....

Also would a split flexi be the cause of a strange 'tappety' sort of flickering noise i can hear when the window is open?