Don't know if this is the right section for this...

There are a number of scratches on my car, some of which I get the feeling have been done purposely by some asbo type or someone in the car park who doesn't care if their handbag drags across your car.
After some thought of getting in chips away or scratch doctor I thought, nah and decided to have a go myself...

f8074a9d54ce35d04493ce438a0f5826_zps35ff5e28.jpg
This is one of said scratches

2a6b37ddfdc9624b1d590e276723ae7a_zpse2b1097d.jpg
After rubbing scratch out with 2000 grit wet and dry

2966e3a2f5bc7edde1a73218b851c871_zpsd90530f7.jpg
Polished back up

I think it came up really well, planning to spend the next weekend getting rid of all the little marks and blemishes in the same way... Who needs chips away :blowup:

Damn i wish the scratch down my rear quarter would flat out as good as this.

I had 3 deep ones on my rear quarter but had flatted them out before I thought to do some before and after pics to show on here, was really worried after rubbing them down and thought what have I done but after a good polish and wax you would never know they were ever there.

Nice one - may have to give this a go.

Have a slight scuff on my rear arch from the plastic body work on a car thats scraped past

Did you use a machine to polish or do it by hand? Great result, top work.

I hand polished it, used t cut blue colourfast first then a couple of coats of meguiars ultimate polish then finished it off with meguiars gold class carnauba plus wax. My arms were like lead after but think it was worth it.