DS2500 owners

Anyone find that these pads squeak when not braking? It sounds like I'm getting a squeak once per revolution or sometimes constant squeal when not braking. When I brake even lightly the squeal stops. Problem is only after the pads have warmed up, nothing when they're cold.

Seems the the pad is vibrating in the calliper, think I'll try sanding down the edges of the steel backing to make them a slightly looser fit.

Anyone else had something similar?

Tiny bit of squeeking when new but good as gold now

maybe they are a tiny bit mis aligned

removed and refit with a bit of copper slip on the rear of the pads

Got to remember that they need a few hundred miles to bed in

Interesting, I did a google search and other people have had this problem with DS2500 but on other cars with 4 pots (Imprezas etc.)

Already done a strip down, clean and refit with copper grease which made no difference. The problem has been there ever so slightly from the minute I fitted the pads but has got a lot worse over the last month or 2. Pads have done about 10k miles.

I'd of thought it would be dust related, you tried sanding the pad down ever so slightly to clean the surface up?

Have you checked the pistons in the calipers are still moving freely? I have to admit when i first fitted mine and bedded them in they did this but another strip clean and plenty of copper slip sorted it.

Interesting, I did a google search and other people have had this problem with DS2500 but on other cars with 4 pots (Imprezas etc.)

Already done a strip down, clean and refit with copper grease which made no difference. The problem has been there ever so slightly from the minute I fitted the pads but has got a lot worse over the last month or 2. Pads have done about 10k miles.

Strange you mention Impreza's, I did get squeeking on my Impreza with them to the extent it was embarresing but not on my Evo and both have 4 pot Brembo. On my DC2 they were fine and now on my Clio it is the DS 1.11 that I have but they dont make a noise either.
Could it be the pad/disc combination ?
J

I'd of thought it would be dust related, you tried sanding the pad down ever so slightly to clean the surface up?

Yep, sanded the pad surface which made no difference.

Have you checked the pistons in the calipers are still moving freely? I have to admit when i first fitted mine and bedded them in they did this but another strip clean and plenty of copper slip sorted it.

This is the one thing I haven't checked and someone else has also suggested it could be a sticky piston. But, I'm not really sure how to tell if it's sticky?