Dyno runs for our cars today

Lisa and I went to Extreme Motorsport today for a couple of power runs. Both are healthy and Lisa's made a bit more than book power.

My Clio 197 Cup - Standard

9d0da60c.jpg

Run 1
Maximum Power - Wheels 173.0 bhp @ 7459 rpm
Maximum Power - Engine 194.8 bhp @ 7504 rpm
Maximum Torque 142.6 lbft @ 6872 rpm

Run 2
Maximum Power - Wheels 175.1 bhp @ 7461 rpm
Maximum Power - Engine 196.1 bhp @ 7517 rpm
Maximum Torque 142.0 lbft @ 7055 rpm

Lisa's Abarth 500 - Standard

69074a76.jpg

Run 1
Maximum Power - Wheels 131.1 bhp @ 5310 rpm
Maximum Power - Engine 149.0 bhp @ 5356 rpm
Maximum Torque 161.8 lbft @ 4051 rpm

Run 2
Maximum Power - Wheels 131.4 bhp @ 5252 rpm
Maximum Power - Engine 148.0 bhp @ 5611 rpm
Maximum Torque 159.0 lbft @ 3970 rpm

Really good results Mark! Have you done any mods or is the stock engine actually producing what Renault said it would!?

Iv gotta say Im shocked how little torque there is at the top end on the 500! That will be a world apart to drive compared to the clio!

Thanks guys.

I'm pleased with my car making it's power but Lisa's is great considering its quoted as 135 bhp standard.

F1team my car's got...a standard engine and exhaust. All I have is an ITG panel filter so it looks like it's doing what it should :wink:

not saying your car not pushing that power but take it with a pinch of salt as rollers can over read/under read and never accurate, only good for seeing power improvement step by step after modding, good results though.

Thanks guys.

I'm pleased with my car making it's power but Lisa's is great considering its quoted as 135 bhp standard.

F1team my car's got...a standard engine and exhaust. All I have is an ITG panel filter so it looks like it's doing what it should :wink:

wow the fiat did do bloody well lol! nearly 15bhp up on standard! Wish the clio's did the same. Even if the rollers were over reading it still sounds like you have a strong engine tbh, as long as it drives well thats all that matters!

interesting. Your torque figure looks a little low? unless I'm missing something...

No your not missing anything though it takes a dip just after where peak should be according to Renault then makes peak torque after that. It still works out at 200nm so not to far off.

The main reason for this was to see what the Abarth was putting out and so I have a standard run for comparing my APD matched inlets and V6 airbox in a couple of weeks.

wow the fiat did do bloody well lol! nearly 15bhp up on standard! Wish the clio's did the same. Even if the rollers were over reading it still sounds like you have a strong engine tbh, as long as it drives well thats all that matters!

Yeah we are chuft with the 500.

I'm not so sure on them over reading though, the company is top nocth and has a great rep on the MLR forum. Check out their time attack EVO with many wins to its name.

He said you'll find some cars are on the button for quoted figures before we started and some are 8-10 either side and it's just down to the way there built.

great results :thumbup1:

but i have dyno runs for mine ranging from 170 - 200 hp :huh:

foxspeed said:
but i have dyno runs for mine ranging from 170 - 200 h

Its obviously due to the N/A nature of the engine. Less accurate on a dyno because all your using is a fan at the front. Much more accurate on turbos and superchargers which consistantly feed intake.

Great results, very surprised by bhp! nice little motor :drool:

Its obviously due to the N/A nature of the engine. Less accurate on a dyno because all your using is a fan at the front. Much more accurate on turbos and superchargers which consistantly feed intake.

:

more like down to variations in manufacturers software and tie down technique.

A cooling fan in front of the car offers no variation to intake flow.

Bear in mind what mine made after ££££ of mods mate.... :wink:

Tow eye in post tomorrow, sorry its been an age :worried:

:lol: tow eye, what tow eye

Yeah I know what you mean but I'm really on wanting to see what gains and where in the rev range the new inlets and V6 airbox make without a re-map.

If we're going to Silverstone this year for the RS trackday I'd like to stop by at TDF for a re-map.