Elan Reservoir - Pic Heavy

Went for a trip yesterday after reading reviews on the 'Driving Roads' section. Loved every second, well worth a trip for anyone! & Here's the rest of the pics :smile:

Photo0545.jpg

Photo0554.jpg

Photo0558.jpg

Photo0565.jpg

Photo0568.jpg

Photo0570.jpg

Photo0575.jpg

Agree completely, some 25mm spacers is next on the shopping list! And spraying the grills black because they've faded badly.

Awesome pics mate! love the look of those roads!
Silly question here...... i've read so many times about spacers. Do these lower the car? if so how? what are they etc.
;/

Awesome pics mate! love the look of those roads!
Silly question here...... i've read so many times about spacers. Do these lower the car? if so how? what are they etc.
;/

No they dont lower the car, they just make the wheels fill out of the arches better.

Awesome pics though. Black on black on the 197 looks sweet.

Looks great mate, loving the black on black! I keep thinking about spacers for mine but not sure. Car looks pretty low, what suspension you got on it?

Thanks guys, can't wait till summer when it's gloriously hot and go for nice long drives in the countryside :smiley:

Looks great mate, loving the black on black! I keep thinking about spacers for mine but not sure. Car looks pretty low, what suspension you got on it?

The only thing I worry about with spacers is the handling. A few people have commented on here that it can make the car skittish....do they? I wouldn't like to think it could make it worse as it's nearly perfect now.

The suspension is KW V1's. I was lucky to pick them up from a old 197 member. It's still got 20mm front and 30mm back to go down, but I carry passengers and it's stupidly low with 5 people in the car lol! Definitely been my best but unfortunately most expensive purchase so far though!

I was desperately looking for something derelict on the way there and back for the POTM but to no avail... might try again over the weekend :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions