Engine sound check and oil leak help pretty plz

Mates I found a slight oil leak on our drive this morning and i looked everywhere and found oil on a few different places, could anybody please point me in the right direction of where you think its comming from?

pic1 under car

attachment.php

pic2 under car

attachment.php

pic3 top engine

attachment.php

and finally cos im now extra paranoid does the engine sound ok?

<font color="#141414"><span style="font-family: Tahoma">[video=youtube;y3mBgBN16oM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3mBgBN16oM[/video]

cheers lads

Attachments

• under1.jpg
    under1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 118
  • under3.jpg
    under3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 120
  • under2.jpg
    under2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 120
3rd pic is a common leak. There's loads of threads about it. Pic 1 and 2 are probably where it's run down too from pic 3, can't be sure of that though..

That noise sounds like one when the oil filler cap isn't fastened up properly, or the disptick isn't in right... Are they on properly??

Yeah, pic 3 - the bolts need a bit of sealant on them, as Chris has said. Check this link for the fix.

thanks for the quick feedback guys, what about engine sound, that normal? cheers

Sounds like a pump is straining.

I get the exact noise when I take my dipstick out when the car is on.

Could be air getting in or out from somewhere also.

to me sounds more like alternator/belt tensioner whine...

the oil leak - clean if all off first then check once cleaned to where its coming from - rocker cover bolts are a common issue!

Im a total car nub, what pump do you mean? and how can i tell if it is that? is it anything to worry about?

thanks guys

Can't tell you exactly mate but I get the EXACT sound when I take my dipstick out when the car is on. Sounds like the oil pump starts to strain because it's taking in air or something?! No idea. I'll put my basic expertise down to a pump though as that's what it sounds like!