EVO Triangle Trip

Took a drive up to the evo triangle with my dad and cousin for a bit of blast. Weather was awful on the way up so wasn't expecting as good a day as we had. Its not the first time we've been, but first time the clio's been shown these roads and it definitely didn't let itself down against the two porsches :smile: The weather meant we had the place pretty much to ourselves all day so managed to get a few good pics! (driving around sitting in the clio boot with the tailgate open!)

Also there's a cracking outdoor go-kart circuit at the base of the triangle and great little cafe too, it all made for a top day out. Planning another trip this summer with more cars, the more the merrier if anyone fancies a blast :smile:

6910213098_5e0eeb4c82.png

7056298895_10461e5ae1.jpg

7056299407_1e1bb39fb9.jpg

6910213656_de1bd4cc55.jpg

7056299167_39e0c3d4f6.jpg

6910213370_11a94d843b.jpg

6910212818_2ebe5a793f.jpg

Awesome pics! Bit out of your depth with a Clio, 'eh?! lol

Love this pic:

7056299167_39e0c3d4f6.jpg

You should make your Flickr public. :smiley:

That this week? Awesome photos and good to see the Clio punching up with the expensive boys.

Yeah it was yesterday Noddie, was surprised to see quite so much snow on the ground tbh! Clio more than punched its weight, just lost out a bit on the straights but up against a 2.7 Boxster and 3.4 cayman I was pleasantly surprised :smile: I'll try and sort my Flickr out too Tom!

Last edited:
It's definitely worth a trip, the scenery and roads are amazing. Its up in north wales near Bala. We met at the Dragonfly Fishery Cafe which is on the A5 at the base of the triangle and its postcode is - LL21 0RU. The other roads that make up the triangle are the A543 and B4501. There are a few maps on google images of the triangle that make the route a bit clearer :smile:

Love the triangle, go there a lot

Theres some great places for photos if you explore the little dirt track and sideroads

DSC_5028.jpg

evo1.jpg

I'd love to go again, we were planning on a weekend this summer maybe. Think that would possible be about 8 cars or so. Being the only clio there, it would be nice to have some more renaultsport representation :smile: When we decide a date ill stick a thread up and anyone who fancies it is welcome!

Evo Triangle is great, but the there are some other roads in that area that are much better than the triangle.

Evo Triangle is great, but the there are some other roads in that area that are much better than the triangle.

which ones mate? briefly saw your thread earlier about ones near bala? would be nice to try some more next time I'm up that way

Arran, thought you wanted to go to Wales at the end of March? Want to plan something for the summer? Seems there's plenty of interest....... If so, shoot me a PM man. :smile:

Arran, thought you wanted to go to Wales at the end of March? Want to plan something for the summer? Seems there's plenty of interest....... If so, shoot me a PM man. :smile:

He came over to the black Mountains in March

Evo Triangle in the Summer sounds good to me. I'm game

which ones mate? briefly saw your thread earlier about ones near bala? would be nice to try some more next time I'm up that way

If you drive down the A5 towards Betws-y-Coed and take either the B4406 or the B4407 (which is better, but flooded last year and hasn't been reopened to the public yet, although I have driven down it and it's fine). If you go down the B4406 it eventually joins the B4407. At the end of the B4407, turn left on to the B4391. These 2/3 roads are my favourite I have ever driven. Absolutely fantastic in every way, scenery, road surface, bends, it's got everything; apart from a Shell garage at the end!

I went to the Black Mountains and killed the turbo on the Mazda. I'd love to go to North Wales again, the roads are great. The missus has banned me from going again just in case I blow the Turbo again, so I'm going to have to work some kind of wizardry to get the car back.

He came over to the black Mountains in March

Evo Triangle in the Summer sounds good to me. I'm game

Yes, I'd love to go again. Might have to hire an RS for the day! Lol!

Similar Thread Suggestions