ex Nimbus r27r #2054

Thanks :thumbsup: any problems with the piston valve clearance with these cams? They sure have a bigger lift than the 402s.

Will these give better gains than the catcams 402 ?

Simo had reprofiled ones not Catcams 402 iirc the duration and lift of Schrick cams is greater than the duration/lift of Catcams 402 so I would imagine with a good remap the power gain should be bigger. The lift is also a bit bigger so maybe Simo won't loose any mid-range torque....can't wait to see a dynochart :tongueout:

Last edited:
mark i never tried 402 or other cams.. and i couldn't try well this mine reprofiled because we couldn't solve the ecu problem...

i know that raptor (rene) and kevo tried that cams and they must quarreled for make work them well! and raptor at the moment have some problem with variable valve timing!!

Schrick is the best quality but is too expensive..
unfortunately i had some problem with my reprofiled.. (maybe an error on variable valve timing) and so (after two mounth...) i'm tired and i dont want to make others tests and i chose these cams..
schrick are similar to catcams 401 in duration but schrick have more lift..

i'll document!!

i hope and i think that this cams are the best for my standard use.. i'll fit also a light flywheel, 5.4kg, in steel..

for the remap i'll change the garage.. last time i didnt like them work..

mark i never tried 402 or other cams.. and i couldn't try well this mine reprofiled because we couldn't solve the ecu problem...

i know that raptor (rene) and kevo tried that cams and they must quarreled for make work them well! and raptor at the moment have some problem with variable valve timing!!

Schrick is the best quality but is too expensive..
unfortunately i had some problem with my reprofiled.. (maybe an error on variable valve timing) and so (after two mounth...) i'm tired and i dont want to make others tests and i chose these cams..
schrick are similar to catcams 401 in duration but schrick have more lift..

i'll document!!

i hope and i think that this cams are the best for my standard use.. i'll fit also a light flywheel, 5.4kg, in steel..

for the remap i'll change the garage.. last time i didnt like them work..

Yes, I'm having problems with my car - don't have stock compression in the fourth cylinder - I wasn't satisfied with my ECU tuning, and my garage too (the same place I did the remap).

Will post some results when I get to the bottom of it (read: don't have more money to do all the things I want/need to do). :smiley:

Simo, contact me ASAP via MSN when you finish it all! :hug1:

Yes, I'm having problems with my car - don't have stock compression in the fourth cylinder - I wasn't satisfied with my ECU tuning, and my garage too (the same place I did the remap).

Will post some results when I get to the bottom of it (read: don't have more money to do all the things I want/need to do). :smiley:

Simo, contact me ASAP via MSN when you finish it all! :hug1:

you are lucky man:lol::lol:

i didn't have compression in ALL cylinder:lol::lol:

stock compression in 200stock is around 10! http://i40.tinypic.com/1pi8hf.jpg

my compression after last cams (fail..) was arond 5! :poke:

http://i39.tinypic.com/xkq7nm.jpg

normal compression after cams can be 8/9

yes rene! i'll tell you (all) how good will be this schrick cams

I dont understand how the cams affect the compression?

If the timing is off the intake/exhaust valves don't close (seat) completely.

This is written on catcams.co.uk - "Developing a cam profile for the Clio 197 F4R 830 engine is something of a challenge because the valve to piston clearance is minimal, limiting the extra amount of lift available to extract additional performance...."

So if the timing is a bit off :blowup:

If the timing is off the intake/exhaust valves don't close (seat) completely.

This is written on catcams.co.uk - "Developing a cam profile for the Clio 197 F4R 830 engine is something of a challenge because the valve to piston clearance is minimal, limiting the extra amount of lift available to extract additional performance...."

So if the timing is a bit off :blowup:

and basically the cylinders dont fill with air properly

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

exactly!

but in my case probably the probem was not the timing but a processing error..

because we have made many tests of timing before to remove the cams:001_unsure:

no photos of the car for a while now simone. i miss them :worried:

yes jase! is true:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

but is already two mounth (21 or 28 february that my 197 is under working)..

many problem after that date..:

- 2week for disassemble, working the head engine and assemble! (me and my renault mechanic)

- 1week for recover my refprofiled camshaft and fit it

ALL THIS OPERATIONS IN MY GARAGE........... no money for disassemble and assemble.. (only the money for the material) for that reason i make in my garage!

than ecu error (power control): we thought that with ecu the problem disappear

- 3week for make ecu remap to remap and try to solve the problem.. remap is good for carburetion and bhp but under 2500rmp the 197 don't move!

but the ecu continue to give the error...

- 3 week for try to find what give the error.. (1lambda?, 2lambda?, ecu remap?.....what?,what?,what?,?,?)

before we tought that was a ecu problem to solve with remap, but after that we tried the cylinder compression and the intake pressure:nope::nope::nope:......

the problem is not electric but mechanical!! but cams or engine head? valves? what? so i bring my car to another my mechanic for completly solve the problems.. he try to make many different cam timing but them don't solve the problem..... so the cams is fail:'(

last thursday i ordered schrick cams, monday i retired them and bring to my car.. today or tomorrow the mechanic assemble the engine with new cams..:wiz:

then meanwhile 197 is off i'll change my flywheel with steel flywheel (5.4kg) and i'll remove the first cat:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

i hope to finish my car into 10days!

because we have made many tests of timing before to remove the cams:001_unsure:

You got adjustable cam pulleys? They could help you to get the timing right really precise. Even 1 degree retarted or advanced can make a huge difference.

Where did you get the lighter flywheel Simo?

You got adjustable cam pulleys? They could help you to get the timing right really precise. Even 1 degree retarted or advanced can make a huge difference.

Where did you get the lighter flywheel Simo?

i know ozi, but i don't find adjustable cam pulleys..

flywheel has made by a small garage that build race parts:wink:

:whatever::whatever::whatever:

Cammesevolano03-vi.jpg

YclioSS1.jpg

YclioSS2.jpg

My mechanic tell me that my 197 start and the problem is desappeared:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

intake pressure is now ok:bounce:

now the engine is ok...:001_tt1:

miss the flywheel and the y-pipe:tongueout::tongueout:

And a good remap......

Last edited:
The amount of money/work you already spent on the Clio is nothing short of ridiculous...

Absolutely love it :jase2: