Exhaust Mod - Center Silencer Delete

So I was considering taking the 200 in to have the center silencer removed. What are peoples opinion on this?

The only reason I'm considering it is because I've heard it makes the car sound like it should for cheap costs and little sacrifice. On a negative, I heard it increases the low range flat spot, but if you're driving it right you won't be in the low range revs, right? :wink:

Just want to hear peoples opinions, or other suggestions to cheapish exhaust mods to make it sound that little bit better.

Catback systems pop up on her for £250ish - maybe you could wait and save up.

I imagine removing the back box would increase the flat spot, but so does a cat back system.

Most people get it mapped out; but that obviously costs another £300 or so.

So I was considering taking the 200 in to have the center silencer removed. What are peoples opinion on this?

The only reason I'm considering it is because I've heard it makes the car sound like it should for cheap costs and little sacrifice. On a negative, I heard it increases the low range flat spot, but if you're driving it right you won't be in the low range revs, right? :wink:

Just want to hear peoples opinions, or other suggestions to cheapish exhaust mods to make it sound that little bit better.

Save up £1500 for labour for a meggy engine and then buy a meggy engine. Really no point in faffing with this engine. Many people have said that these cars should have come with a turbocharged engine anyway so start with a Megane engine for modifications.

If you're doing it purely for noise take it to a place like Longlife and ask for some advice. Maybe they can make it sound awesome without actually having a new cat-back. I've no idea.

Last edited:
Meh, get a proper exhaust.

I considered this route when mine was standard, it does make a minor flat spot on the low revs, and if you look on youtube, there are videos, I don't think it sounds too great personally. I bought a scorpion exhaust with the centre silencer and it sounds 10 times better than standard and I have no flat spot.

Meh, get a proper exhaust.

I considered this route when mine was standard, it does make a minor flat spot on the low revs, and if you look on youtube, there are videos, I don't think it sounds too great personally. I bought a scorpion exhaust with the centre silencer and it sounds 10 times better than standard and I have no flat spot.
mine has a Scorpion system fitted but I have the dreaded flat spot . I would love to get the centre box removed to get some more "growl" out of the exhaust but worried it might make the flat spot worse :worried:

It does make me smile, people ask about non pricey exhaust mods and they get a ''put a megane engine in'' as a reply lol. funny..

It does make me smile, people ask about non pricey exhaust mods and they get a ''put a megane engine in'' as a reply lol. funny..

Everyone should do it. There should be a revolution.

Sorry, I'm in one of those moods again.

"Mate, I think I need some sound out of my.."

*interrupts*

"Meggy engine it bro".

So overall conclusion would be?

If I were to save up for an aftermarket exhaust, what are the best in terms of value for money? I know there are quite a few different companies who do decent exhausts for these cars, a top 5 would be great?

So overall conclusion would be?

If I were to save up for an aftermarket exhaust, what are the best in terms of value for money? I know there are quite a few different companies who do decent exhausts for these cars, a top 5 would be great?

Akrapovic - Quality, All rounder
Oreca - Race/Lightened (Single Exit)
Supersprint - Cheaper than Akra, All rounder

Ummm.. There are more but those are the only ones I can remember.

An Oreca System with a full decat sounds the tits.

That sounds unreal. Do not go for the miltek option it might be cheaper but its not the best mine started blowing and now my mates is too in the same place.

The oreca sounds good, the guys who owns the car in the video has the pre cat removed which makes it crazy loud. And I mean crazy loud, there another video of it idling on cold start and it sounds insane. Only problem is it would be very hard to do track days, as it will breach most track noise limitations.