Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Don't no, in starting to wonder. What with car tax on the up, speeding fines and now insurance about to go up might be better off flat pimping

The handles really do look good Simon, I like them a lot! Forgive me if I've missed this, but are they just covers, or full replacement handles?

EDIT: I've just seen the other thread that says they are covers, I knew the answer would be there somewhere :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordini
I'm more surprised you didn't do them extra stripey like the side bullet things lol. And plus continues the theme. Be interesting to see what you do with the arch grilles as I'm contemplating changing to white. And possibly my door handles too.
Yes I was going to do the arch vents white but the jury's currently out. Black is slightly ahead. Re handles, was going to do them like the side bullets or flip the colours (white with blue stripes). However, the carbon looks ace :smile: Good to see you're already contemplating some mods for yours :smile:

Shouldn't you rename this thread extra carbony gordini ? I wonder if we added up how much we spend on cars since you're first car how scary the amount would be?
I was thinking renaming it to extra chavvy Gordini after your other comment :wink: Don't want to think how much I've spent, it makes to sense at all!

The handles really do look good Simon, I like them a lot! Forgive me if I've missed this, but are they just covers, or full replacement handles?

EDIT: I've just seen the other thread that says they are covers, I knew the answer would be there somewhere :smile:
Thanks Jimmy. Yes they are covers but more solid than the handles underneath, kind of like armour for the handles :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
I’ve been deciding for ages what to do with my rear spoiler. I thought long and hard about a cup spoiler but couldn’t make my mind up. It may be something to do with the angle of the photo, or the colour of the car and/or spoiler, or even how it complements the other mods, but sometimes they look great, sometimes they don’t. In the end, I didn’t fancy messing about with the rear hatch as I have the GT rear spoiler as standard and the cup spoiler isn’t a simple fit.

As a result I decided to look for a different option. I looked at a one-off Austrian spoiler but decided it was a bit big and bordering on the barryboys look. I looked at a genuine Skoda WRC rear spoiler, which was great but spectacularly expensive in a carbon/kevlar mix, and also spectacularly large. This is a hard spoiler to pull off without at least a 400bhp engine and more aggressive looking bodywork. I looked into wide arches from a rallycross team in Sweden to meet the latter requirement but in the end decided it was all a bit too extreme, both in terms of cost and butchering my car (a sledgehammer to crack a nut).

In the end, after a lot of research, I decided upon a simple spoiler extension/cap. My inspiration was the Sierra/Sapphire Cossie look which used black rear spoiler lips.
20170301_075449-COLLAGE_zpsttbotx9t.jpg

So began my search for a suitable candidate. I have purchased and returned (thank you distance selling rules) a few spoilers without success. In the end I purchased another Clio GT spoiler (which I will be selling now its done its job) to send around to manufacturers/retailers to have them do the hard work for me of test fitting (how lazy is that!). A big thanks to Mario at Maxton Design who found (after trying about 20-odd different designs) that of all things a Vauxhall Corsa item fits. Mario only confirmed this yesterday but assured me it is virtually made to measure for the Clio GT spoiler (only a small trimming of the ends may possibly be required). May have a photo later today and hope to have it in my hands to fit in the next few days, when I will take more pics. For now, here are the only photos I have of the item. Remember it is just the lip I'm hoping to fit, not the whole spoiler :smile:

Screenshot_20170301-080045_zps0azc34p9.png
Screenshot_20170301-073346_zpsi9hw8euv.png

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. I think maxton already make a spoiler lip extension, or was that not suitable?

Interesting, a subtle, yet effective mod. Fair play to you for the efforts you're going to in order to get this right. It's going to look good. Pity it's a Vauxhall mod! Will you be going with black or carbon dip perhaps?

Interesting, a subtle, yet effective mod. Fair play to you for the efforts you're going to in order to get this right. It's going to look good. Pity it's a Vauxhall mod! Will you be going with black or carbon dip perhaps?
I know I wanted to keep the Vauxhall bit quiet :wink: I think it will be carbon effect to match the other bits :smile:

Reactions: Johnny 99
I'm interested to see what this is gonna look like as you know I wanted the cup spoiler too but doesn't fit ours, is this mario sourcing the spoiler and trimming/fitting it? Does it cover the brake light in our spoiler?

Good to finally know ours is the gt spoiler tho lol.

And I wouldn't see it as a Vauxhall part improving the Renault, more that it's taking a Renault car to improve a Vauxhall part :french:

I'm interested to see what this is gonna look like as you know I wanted the cup spoiler too but doesn't fit ours, is this mario sourcing the spoiler and trimming/fitting it? Does it cover the brake light in our spoiler?

Good to finally know ours is the gt spoiler tho lol.

And I wouldn't see it as a Vauxhall part improving the Renault, more that it's taking a Renault car to improve a Vauxhall part :french:
Mario apparently works in the warehouse so he has gone out of his way to help me out when he had quiet periods. Full credit to Maxton Design for allowing him to do this also, I can imagine a lot of companies wouldn't be pleased to be opening all their stock to try it out for size.

Maxton don't offer a fitting service but it just sticks on with 3M tape supplied or you could bond it on too. It will cover the top face of the high level brake light but you will still see the light from behind.

I like your pint glass is half full type approach of me upping the level of the spoiler to Renault standards :smile:

Reactions: Sneydster
Definitely can't wait to see this result and if I like (and the cost is reasonable AND can persuade the Mrs.....) then I may look at stealing this idea....if you don't mind lol.