F4RT Bowling.

S24nrc

Paid Member
Long story short, I dropped an F4RT and ND0 on my steering steering rack and the column divided and conquered the body shell, steering wheel got turned whilst essentially disconnected from rack and the clock spring went bye bye.

The issues with the rack and column are sorted. Body shell has been percussively persuaded back into roughly the correct shape. Am I likely to have ruined anything more than the clock spring with the wheel being turned too much or is there going to be a steering angle sensor in the column itself that will cause me issues too

I got a friend to plug a reader in and to find 0 on the steering angle sensor for me when I had a similar issue.

Might cause an issue with the yaw and the angle sensor not reading what they expect.

Weirdly on his reader my steering angle sensor only read values in the first full turn either way. Because mine was over a full turn out it was just reading zero no matter what we did. We then did a few turns one way and it started to read again. Not sure if this was down to his reader or if they are all like that.

Generic posh code reader managed to pick up steering angle so we could get the rack zero'ed car drives fine. No need for CLIP or anything renault specific.

Reactions: Sean197 and av4625