Factory Collection?

I have a 200 Cup on order, due in about 4-5 weeks.

Has anyone collected their RenaultSport from the factory in Dieppe? Is this service even available?

never heard of anyone collecting it from there.
but that takes you into august and the factory closes for holiday the whole of august.

Renault dont allow you to collect in person from the factory, someone over on Renaultsport forum asked and one of the RUK guys said nope cant be done.

Oh ok, nevermind.

My car leaves the factory about 2 weeks before I get to pick her up from my dealer... (just trying to get my hands in it a bit quicker)

Its a shame that Renault dont offer this service though, as the factory is only in Dieppe and is dedicated RenaultSport I would imagine alot of people would take it...

One of the major german manufacturers does this, think its Audi ... but get this, it costs you about £1000 extra to collect it yourself ??? wtf !

Ive read alot of Americans do it when they buy European cars, its called OSD (Overseas Delivery) but sadly its very rare in the UK as i would have loved to have done it.

The reason it costs £'s is you actually get a small holiday out of it, including a few nights at a nice hotel and a tour of the factory.

Spoilers are not factory fitted either, theyre done at a bodyshop in the UK prior to it arriving at the dealer.