Fault code p0300 multiple misfire

jakehewitt

North East Rep
So went to trax yesterday, everything fine with her. Got some free injector cleaner, put that in, went on track and everything ran fine, not a hiccup. On the way home pulled off at Leicester services and filled up, then around about 20 miles past there there was a pop (I think this may have been the exhaust as it makes the same noise when I come off throttle) and car goes into limp mode, injector fault on the dash and sounds like it's only running on 2 cylinders.
Pull over, turn engine off, restart and everythings fine again. Go back on my way 2 miles on happens again. Turn off the sprintbooster, ran obd and found the fault code cleared it, left it to idle for a bit and headed back. Was fine for another 20 miles did it again, this happened over and over sometimes I would get 5 miles sometimes a bit further until about 40 miles away from my house where there wasn't another problem. I did try and recreate the problem closer to my house but couldn't.

Anyone had this? I haven't a clue what it could be, and I didn't rag her that hard round the track compared to what I'd do at hartside or the moors :/

probably the injector cleaner playing havoc with the cat-less lambda system...

the p0300 - multi-cylinder miss fire is the sort of code that means the ecu isn't sure whats causing it...

injector cleaner and no cat could cause the second lambda to throw a wobble over the emissions!

probably the injector cleaner playing havoc with the cat-less lambda system...

the p0300 - multi-cylinder miss fire is the sort of code that means the ecu isn't sure whats causing it...

injector cleaner and no cat could cause the second lambda to throw a wobble over the emissions!

I'm hoping that's what it is like, been out with it this morning trying to force another fault and nothing at all. I could feel when it was about to happen through the throttle pedal as it seemed like there was some kind of flat spot before it

got an obd2 reader? has it got "live" data? if it has have a look at the lambda signal should be switching fast all of the time - if its slow
then its usually a faulty sensor...

any codes thrown up?

Took it to one of our step dads mates and it spat back a few more faults that I had showing on my phone :/ including 3 separate ones for misfires, one for missing cat and 2 for throttle position. He's cleared them and the car is running smoother but not getting my hopes up going for a quick run out with Mike tonight so fingers crossed