faulty CD track changer/scroll wheel

Hi,

I've got an albi 197 and just recently over the past 2 weeks been having problems with my wheel that you scroll up and down to change tracks on my 6CD changer.

It still works however when scrolling it back and forward on CD there seems to be something catching it sounds like a piece of plastic or a loose wire as it's making a scraping sound as if something is broken inside. it's not going turning smoothly.

I've taken pictures (below), but I just thought i'd ask if anyone else has had a problem with this piece of equipment?

Also is this the way you would get into the steering colum casing?

1. Disconnect battery (i'm going to do this as I am cautious that the airbag may go BANG when I remove the 2 screws underneath and drop casing from the steering wheell)

2. Undo two bolts at the bottom of the casing just behind bottom of the steering wheel

I can see it splits into 2 halfs where all the buttons are (see pics), so is this the correct way to dismantle it? I've done a similar job on my previous car Vauxhall Corsa C SXI where I had to remove steering wheel casing to fit a new indicator stalk.

Advice would be great as i'm going to have a look at it this weekend IF the weather stays dry. I hope it does!! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG00475-20120430-1723.jpg
    IMG00475-20120430-1723.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00476-20120430-1723.jpg
    IMG00476-20120430-1723.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 15
i had mine replaced after a month of my 200 being delivered...unfortunately renault did it so i cant help :worried:

Hi Mate,

Cheers for your post. Glad you got your fixed under warranty. However I bet it was a suprise when it went within a month of purchase.

I'll pay a visit to my local dealers tomorrow and see how much it would cost to replace but going to take steering wheel casing off tomorrow and see if I can replace it myself first before I go pay dealer prices as it may only be a minor loose wire which I think it is as when I accidently turned scroll wheel the other day it must have moved wire which unabled me to high stereo using buttons behind steering wheel but then it worked again when I turned scroll wheel again.

mine did that not long ago and with nothing to lose i forced it.. heard a not so nice cracking noise and been fine after. not as 'notchy' as it was when working well but none the less its been fine since.

You can always take it apart and try a clean

The little wheel didn't bother me, the clutch slave cylinder at 6k and a gearbox at 13k did on the otherhand lol