Finally Bought One

Well, I've actually had it for a couple of weeks, but only just found the time to post it on here. What do you think? Plans are to refurb the alloys (gloss black)and possibly paint the brake calipers (red). Or would that be an error?

Here it is with my 16v mini clubman

ClubmanampClio1972.jpg

welcome to the club..the calipers would look much nicer painted...lots of colour options out there...

Cheers! Is the Halfords caliper paint any good? Or is there a better internet alternative? I'm assuming I'll need new Brembo stickers too?

never used the halfords paint tbh..probably wont be any worse that the ones i got from ebay..all same stuff to me..have tried a few brands up to now..just prime it first and use lacquer after and u should be fine...u can get brembo stickers for £2 i think..again got them from ebay...any colour u wish...

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :smile:

I really like that Mini too, it looks great. Two of my friends have been restoring Minis, they're such fun to drive.

Really nice mate.

Red callipers not for that car.

Do them white to match the roof, although would be a pig to upkeep.

Both cars looking good there.

The 'cup' cars have red calipers but the world is your oyster when choosing for yourself. Do something different. Personally, and I'm speaking from experience here, I'd avoid gloss black wheels. I have them on my 200 and their a complete pain, also after 2 summers (they're only on in the summer) they are nearly matt from being cleaned.

:welcome: to the forum, nice pair of cars. Red is always a winner for me. It was an OEM colour for the cup cars so means you can have something to liven it up without looking to odd.

Similar Thread Suggestions